Are you facing a High CPU Usage problem by Antimalware Service Executable then read more to How to Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable Problem.
The process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) is referred to as Antimalware service executable. This is the process that is basically used by Windows Defender Program. One can easily conclude that this program is directly associated with the Windows Defender Service.
The major reason for high CPU usage is these two common reasons. The real-time feature which is contributing to the scanning of files constantly, and the connections and other related applications are run through real-time features. These two reasons let a person face the anti-malware service executable problem. This sometimes irritated the user as well.
- What is Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
- Steps to Startup your Phone on Windows 10
- What is Sysmain Service on Windows 10
- How to Close Running Apps on MacBook Pro
Content Include on This Article
More About Antimalware service executable
Additionally, the full scan feature may also be the reason because it is scanning all the files whenever the computer wakes up from sleep. Moreover, when it is connected to a network as well, the same scan has been done. It is quite interesting to understand that whenever the complete scan is performed, the system will be going to experience frequent lagging, delayed access, and hanging as well. The activity of input interactions will also get affected to an extent, and the reason being is because the CPU is Hijacked by the defender.
But we suggest you be patient for a while because there are solutions to fix it. We also suggest you wait for a few minutes if there is a lot of files because this can be extended to hours as well. Whenever the CPU is released, the user will get back to normal. There will be no need to feel irritated anymore because after the process completes, the same will get fixed.
It is not important for you to perform a full scan regularly. You can perform it once a week or schedule it accordingly. A user can also move to windows defender off to check out whether the problem has been resolved or not. It is affecting Windows 7 as well, which clearly indicates that Microsoft Security Essentials also have an impact. If you wish to reduce the high usage by Antimalware service executable, then consider the methods we are providing below. Let’s dig out this article till the last so that there will be no such trouble to a user in any case.
Methods To Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable
Fix #1: Repair corrupt defender file
Repairing corrupt defender files is one of the easiest methods a user can consider. All the user needs to do is download and run Restore. This will scan and repair all the missing and corrupted files. In case the problem is not resolved, and still, the CPU usage is quite high, then you need to look for some other methods. Things do not come to an end here only.
Fix #2: Scan For Malware
There might be a chance that Malware has occupied a place on your system, and it is intervening with the activity. At that moment as well, the problem will arise. It is a suggestion that scan with an anti-Malware application. Delete if there is any Malware present on your PC. When you are done with the deletion, you can check out whether the problem has been resolved or not. If it is not resolved, then move ahead and try something else. Some other methods are also there which do not require scanning and other things.
- How to Fix Apple Music Error Code 50
- Why Default Gateway Not Available Every Few Minutes
- How to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled HP
Fix #3: Remove bad updates
Removing bad updates will also going to help you. Sometimes the windows defender got stuck with bad definition updates, and then it contributes to viruses. Removing these updates will be the best solution to consider. If you wish to do so, then follow the steps we are providing below:-
- Open Run Prompt by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type CMD and then press shift + ctrl.
- It will acquire administrative privileges according to the command prompt.
- Now click on yes in the prompt.
- Type the following command and then hit the enter key. (Do not forget to keep the commas in the command)
“%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe” -RemoveDefinitions –All
- After it, you need to type the command as mentioned and then press on the enter key.
“%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe” –SignatureUpdate
- Now you need to wait for a while until the process gets completed. After it, check out and have a look at whether the issue is still there are resolved.
If the issue still persists, then also we have a solution to fix it out.
Fix #4: Add Antimalware Service Executable to windows defender exclusion list
It might sound like how adding Antimalware service executable to windows defender exclusion list will help, but yes, this will be going to help you and reduce the CPU consumption as well. For the same, you need to follow the below steps:-
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl + Alt + DEL keys to open the windows task manager. A list will appear and check out for the Antimalware service executable process.
- Now right-click on the option and select an open file location to have a look at the full path of the executable. The MsMpEng will get highlighted, and then click on the address bar to copy the location of this file.
- Now, after it holds the window key and then presses I, choose the update and security option and after it, go for windows defender from the left pane.
- No scroll down and choose > Add an exclusion “under exclusion” > Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process or File Type, and paste the path to MsMpEng.exe.
- After that, you need to come back to the task manager. But you need to be patient for a while because it is a quite time-consuming process.
- After it, paste the complete path to the folder you copied and then add it to it.
- Lastly, click on Ok to save changes.
After it, you will be able to see that the issue has been resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Can I end the antimalware service executable?
Answer: No, you cant end this process as long as you use Windows built-in antivirus/ defender.
- Question 2) Why is my antimalware service running high?
Answer: It scans the PC activity in real-time so it is running High.
- Question 3) How do I fix antimalware service executable high CPU usage?
Answer: In this article, we provided various methods to help you to fix antimalware service from High CPU Usage.
- How to Fix Windows 11 Go Back to Windows 10 Not Working
- How to Find a Lost iPhone That Is Turned Off
- Why iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo Storage Full
Following are the methods which a person can consider when it comes to resolving the Antimalware service executable problem. You just need to be sure about the methods you are adopting. Do not leave it in between because if the same happened, then you will not be able to resolve the problem at all.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com