If your iOS Devices location services is not working, then read more to know How to Fix the iOS Location Services Not Working Issue?
Hello! Everyone, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, I think your iOS location services are not working and you are eagerly searching for the fixing methods for that type of people you are at the right place, Today we are going to discuss the Fixing methods to fix the iOS location services not working issue.
In this article, we are clearly discussing each and every fixing method to fix the iOS location services not working issue and explain the reasons behind the issue.
- How to Fix iOS 11 Visual Voicemail Not Working Issue
- Steps to Allow Safari Pop-ups on macOS or iOS
- How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode on iOS
- How to Turn iOS Live Photos into GIF Videos
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix the iOS Location Services Not Working Issue
- 1.1 Method 1: Force Restart the Device
- 1.2 Method 2: Disable and Re-enable Location Services
- 1.3 Method 3: Enable Location-Based Alerts & Location-Based Suggestions
- 1.4 Method 4: Reset Location Services & Privacy
- 1.5 Method 5: Reset Network Settings.
- 1.6 Method 6: Disable Restrictions
- 1.7 Method 7: Turn On/ Enable Background App Refresh
- 1.8 Method 8: Enable and Disable the Airplane Mode
- 1.9 Conclusion:
Reasons behind the iOS Location Services Not Working Issue:
The main reasons behind the iOS Location Services not working issue are
- Due to Restrictions from Apps and others sources sometimes the iOS Location Services are not working.
- Disable/ Turn off Background App Refresh
- Because of some issues, the location-based alerts and location-based suggestions are turned off.
- Sometimes this issue is due to new system bugs.
Methods to Fix the iOS Location Services Not Working Issue
Below are the steps to fix the iOS location services not working issue, just follow the methods and easily solve the issue.
- Force Restart the Device
- Disable and Re-enable Location Services
- Enable Location-Based Alerts & Location-Based Suggestions
- Reset Location Services & Privacy
- Reset Network Settings.
- Disable Restrictions
- Turn On/ Enable Background App Refresh
- Enable and Disable the Airplane Mode.
Method 1: Force Restart the Device
Before going to try another method or fix you must primarily do restart why because a simple restart can solve so many issues it is proven that sometimes the restart can solve the issue without performing any method, the restart process mainly depends upon the model of the device it is different for different models of the device.
For iPhone 11, iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and also for iPad with Home Button the user must follow the steps to force restart the device.
- You must Press and free up the Volume Up button quickly.
- Then press and release the Volume Down button.
- Next, you must press and hold down the Side button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and above:
- You must Press and Hold down both Side and Volume Down buttons at a time for 10 seconds until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
For iPhone 6 and below versions and also iPads and iPad Touch with home buttons:
- At a time press, the both Home and Power button until the Apple logo appear.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable Location Services
Sometimes the issue is due to improper connection of Location Services, and also the Share My Location feature is not working properly because the Location Services are disabled on the device, so you must check the location services and then disable and then re-enable the Location Services.
- On iOS, navigate to the Settings app.
- Then click on Privacy.
- Now choose Location Services and enable the option.
Method 3: Enable Location-Based Alerts & Location-Based Suggestions
If you want to get the information, alerts, notifications, and suggestions related to Location Services for easy identification and clarification regarding the issues on Location Services, that you must enable the location-based alerts and location-based suggestions option.
- Move to the Settings app on an iOS device.
- Then choose the Privacy option.
- Now click on Location Services.
- Next, you need to scroll down and click on System Services.
- Finally, Enable the Location-Based Alerts and Location-Based Suggestions.
Method 4: Reset Location Services & Privacy
This is another method to fix the iOS location Services not working issue, just reset the location services and privacy and then check whether the issue is solved or not.
- First of launch the Settings app.
- Then tap on General.
- Next, click on Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
- After that select the Reset option.
- Then click on Reset Location & Privacy.
- You must enter the Passcode.
- Next Reboot/ Restart the device.
Finally, check whether the fix is worked or not if not then try another method.
- How to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac
- How to Find Passwords on Mac [Find Saved Passwords on Your Mac]
- Download Flipswitch Centralized Toggle System For iOS
- How to Record Video on Mac Record Screen on Mac Devices
Method 5: Reset Network Settings.
If you try the above methods then only you’re facing the same issue then you must reset the Network Settings, so follow the below the simple steps carefully.
Don’t worry you didn’t lose any data and content, it will default restore all the Wi-Fi Passwords, APN, VPN, Cellular Data Settings.
- Launch Settings app.
- Then select General.
- Next tap on the Reset option.
- Finally, click on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the Passcode to finish the process.
Method 6: Disable Restrictions
One of the main reasons for getting the iOS location services not working issue that also the Share My Location feature not working is due to restrictions, so you must disable the restrictions that are coming from the apps.
Follow the below steps to disable the restrictions.
- Move to the Settings app.
- Then click on Screen Time.
- Next, scroll down and click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- After that, it asks the user to enter the 4-digit Screen Time PIN.
- In the Content & Privacy Screen, click on Location Services below the Privacy section.
Method 7: Turn On/ Enable Background App Refresh
So many people facing the iOS location not updating issue, so you must enable/ turn on the background app refresh for that you must follow some simple steps.
- Open Settings app.
- Then select the General option.
- Now tap on the Background App Refresh option.
- After that, you need to choose the option that is useful for both Wi-Fi and Mobile Data.
Note: Before going to use both Wi-Fi and Cellular Data may clear out the battery faster than manual, so be careful while using the Background App Refresh.
Method 8: Enable and Disable the Airplane Mode
Follow the below steps in order to enable and then disable the Airplane mode on the iOS device to fix the iOS location services not working issue.
- First of launch the Settings app on the iOS home screen.
- Then click on Airplane Mode and Enable the option.
- You must wait for a few seconds then again disable the Airplane Mode.
- MacBook Stuck On Apple Logo And Won’t Boot IssueTry These Steps
- The Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
- My MacBook Restarts Randomly And Here Is How I Fixed It
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: How to Enable LTE on iPhone?
Answer: To fix the GPS and location services not working issue the user must enable the LTE option on iPhone, for that you must follow some simple steps.
- Launch Settings app.
- Then move to Cellular and then Cellular Data Options.
- Now Disable/ Turn off the LTE option.
- Finally check whether the issue is solved or not, if it works then gain re-enable the LTE option.
- Question 2: How to Change Date & Time Settings?
Answer: Due to some changes on the Date & Time settings is also one of the reasons behind the iOS location services not working issue, to overcome this you must set the correct Date & Time settings on your device.
- Open Settings app.
- Then click on General.
- Now select Date & Time.
- Finally, click on the Set Automatically option to set the correct Date & Time.
This will enhance the accuracy of GPS and Location Services.
This article clearly discusses the methods to fix the iOS location services not working issue and also explains the reasons behind the issue the methods are easy and simple and they can easily solve the iOS location services not working issue.
For people who are searching for the best-fixing methods to fix the iOS location services not working issue and also want to know the reasons behind the issue for that type of people, this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.