If you are facing MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC/Laptop, then read more to know How to Fix MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC?
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept i.e everyone facing the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC, I think you’re searching for the fixing methods to solve the issue, for that type of people you’re at the right place and this article is the best reference to know.
In this article, we are ready to discuss the reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll and briefly explain the effective methods to solve the issue.
Content Include on This Article
Reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC
Some of the major reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC are
- Lack of update
- Due to the presence of corrupted and damaged game files
- Some issues are due to missing packages, so you must re-download the packages from Microsoft.
- Deletion of DLL file without any prior intimation and releasing of the DLL file.
Methods to Fix MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC
Some methods to fix the MSVCR120.dll that is Missing on Windows PC are
- Install Microsoft Visual C++
- Uninstall the Program and Install it Again
- Run the Windows SFC
- Update Program
- Scan the Computer Viruses
- Copy MSVCR120.dll to Program Folder
Method #1: Install Microsoft Visual C++
Mostly the programs that are based upon Visual C++ will automatically rearrange and add the suitable package’s components to the computer while installation.
To do this the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, move to Start Menu.
- Then click on Settings.
- Next, select the Apps option from the list.
- After that, the user must go through the Apps & Feature.
- Scroll down and then you must check the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, the user can notice the independent listings x64, x86 of the same package up to you can run the 32-bit version of Windows.
Note: In case you didn’t notice the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable then you can install it manually, go and visit the official Microsoft website Visual C++ Redistribution Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and then choose Download and hold the vredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe installers.
- The user must follow the instructions to run both the installers one after another to install the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, at last Restart the computer and check whether the MSVCR120.dll is missing error is solved or not.
Instead of Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable installers in the installation source of the program that causes the MSVCR120.dll is missing error and it is available in the folder VCRedist.
Method #2: Uninstall the Program and Install it Again
If you’re facing the MSVCR120.dll is missing Error on Windows PC, then you must simply uninstall the program and then reinstall it again to fix the issue, to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- Initially, On a keyboard, you must press Windows + R Keys at a time to launch the Run dialog.
- Then enter appwiz. cpl and then press the OK button.
- Now, the user must right-click on the program that causes the error and then tap on Uninstall.
- Here we are assuming that the error is due to Python, so just right-click on the Python and then select Uninstall option.
- The user must follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to confirm the Delete.
- At last, Restart/ Reboot the Computer and then reinstall the program and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #3: Run the Windows SFC
We all know that the Windows System File Checker is an essential program that is used to scan the corrupted and damaged files on the system and also repair them, in order to fix the MSVCR120.dll is missing error on Windows PC, you must run the Windows SFC.
Follow the below simple steps
- Firstly, navigate to the Search bar on Windows.
- Then type cmd and then you must right-click on the Command Prompt to run it as administrator.
- Now, in that enter sfc/scannow and then hit Enter.
- It will start scanning the system and also try to repair and fix the issues.
- After completion of the process, the user must launch the program and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #4: Update Program
One of the best ways to solve the MSVCR120.dll is missing on Windows PC, due to lack of update also we are facing this issue, in order to fix the issue the user must update the Program, simply move to the official website of developer’s and then look for the latest version of the application installer and then update the program and then reinstall the program.
Method #5: Scan the Computer Viruses
Sometimes due to the presence of virus or malware, the firmware on the system, we are facing the MSVCR120.dll not found or missing on Windows PC, so these are mainly due to malware namely Trojan that will affect the dll files.
The user must scan the system for viruses, malware and run the anti-virus program, with the help of Windows Defender and also with the other anti-virus programs like Norton and AVG Antivirus Free.
You can perform the complete virus scan for the Windows system and it is a time taken to process, so you must be patient during the process because it covers each and every part of the system.
Once you finish the scan the user must restart the computer.
You can also try the below simple steps to scan the virus and malware on the system, here we are using the Windows inbuilt Security tool, you can simply search it from the search bar and then choose Virus & Threat Protection choose Scan options and move to Full scan and then select Scan option.
Method #6: Copy MSVCR120.dll to Program Folder
You can easily fix this issue by copying the MSVCR120.dll to the Program folder, to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
The user can search for the 64-bit and a 32-bit version of the MSVCR120.dll file and then copy it to the following directories.
- Local Disk (C:) > Windows > System32 — 64-bit version
- Local Disk (C:) > Windows > SysWOW64 — 32-bit version
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to Run the DISM Tool?
Answer: Not only with SFC the user can also run the DISM tool to fix the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC.
- First of all, launch the PowerShell Command Box and run as administrator.
- In that, you must enter the following commands and then Hit Enter one after other commands
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. Once you finish the execution the user must restart the computer run the application and check whether the MSVCR120.DLL is missing error is rectified or not.
- Question 2) What is MSVCP120.dll?
Answer: MSVCP120.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file and its size is 645KB it is found in System 32 folder and is usually installed by Microsoft Visual Studio.
This article clearly discusses the reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC and explains the fixing methods to solve the issue, the methods are simple and easy, they can quickly rectify the issue.
People who are searching for the Fixing methods to fix the MSVCR120.dll is Missing on Windows PC and wants to know the reasons behind the issue for that type of people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky