If you are facing a problem while resetting your PC, then read more to know How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a user-friendly and famous OS (Operating System). It is not ideal, as it comprises a good share of problems even still Microsoft has always been trying to improve it. As we know, Windows gets into a spontaneous repair loop, and various applicants are still stuck on the Windows 10 resetting problem. Daily many applicants are reporting on this issue and demanding help online. Resetting on your windows 10 is the best method to resolve windows-based problems. Now it’s time to read more to know How to Fix There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC 2021.
While starting the PC, you will see something wrong; Windows automatically begins in the automatic repair help to solve the issues; if it fails, you must upgrade or restart the PC. Unluckily, the issue of resetting Windows 10 is becoming more familiar with the fault message “There was an issue to reset your Computer” With the help of the below methods, you can fix these problems. After reading the article you can clearly know How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
- How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone Without Jailbreak
- TP-Link Powerline Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration
- How to Jailbreak Roku Codes
- Methods to Fix 0x80070570 on Windows 11
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
- 1.1 Fix #1: Run Start-up Repair
- 1.2 Fix #2: System File Check
- 1.3 Fix #3: Recover From USB Drive
- 1.4 Fix #4: Use Bootrec.Exe To Restore BCD
- 1.5 Fix #5: Clean The Windows 10 PC
- 1.6 Fix #6: Use a System Restore Point
- 1.7 Fix #7: Disable ReAgentc.exe
- 1.8 Fix #8. By Renaming System and Software Registry
- 1.9 Some Similar Problems like There was a Problem Resetting Windows PC:
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions?
Reasons (Why People Encounter With These Problems):
- If Windows 10 is pre-installed on your computer, in its place of being upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- The producer of your laptop allowed firmness to decrease the disk space needed for pre-installed programs.
- You generated a USB recovery drive using the aspect ‘Create a recovery drive’ in Windows 10.
- Your computer was booted to a USB recovery drive through Troubleshoot >> Reset this PC >> Remove.
- Your Windows PC Recovery Environment is not right or degraded.
- The edition of your recovery picture is unavailable or unverified.
- System disk has the worst segments, and it fails to function ordinarily.
How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
There was a Problem Resetting Your PC Windows 10 2021 is the main error nowadays which is faced by many Windows users. Don’t worry about the error, here we are providing the best methods to Fix Windows 10 Reset This PC Not Working issue. So simply follow the below methods.
Fix #1: Run Start-up Repair
- Connect Windows 10 set-up media and start your PC again.
- Then, you need to click on any button to boot from CD or DVD.
- Select the desired language and press on the Next>Repair your PC button.
- Select the choice screen and then press on the “Troubleshoot” option. Then press on the “Advanced” options and at last press on the “Automatic Repair” tab.
- After the completion of the scanning procedure, delete the set-up media, and start your Windows 10.
- Now, reset your computer again. If this method is still not working, then you can go for the next process.
Fix #2: System File Check
- Click on the Windows Key + X to launch the Win + X menu. Now choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the menu list.
- If this Command Prompt (Admin) option is not present, you can use PowerShell (Admin) option.
- After opening the command prompt option, then enter the SFC /Scannow.
- Now, the SFC scanning process will start, and it will take only 20 minutes to complete this process.
- If an SFC scan doesn’t resolve the problem or cannot perform the SFC, you need to use the DISM scan option.
- Begin the Command Prompt as a supervisor and select DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health option.
- DISM scans also take the same 20 minutes, so don’t disturb it when scanning.
Fix #3: Recover From USB Drive
- Firstly, you need to connect a 16GB, 8GB, or 32GB USB flash disk to your PC.
- Now enter the “Recovery Disk” in the Start menu find box and then press on the “Make a recovery drive” tab.
- After recovering your computer from the USB Drive will delete all the latest files and applications, you have to choose the “Restore System Files to the Recovery Disk” option to store your data and then press on the Next tab.
- Then, you need to select your USB flash disk and then press on the Next tab.
- Now press the create button to make a recovery disk. After completing the process, press on the “Finish” tab.
- Afterward, restart your Windows 10 and then hit on the particular key such as Esc, F12, F9, or any other key (according to your Computer brand) to open the Boot options page. Then boot the system from the USB recovery disk.
- At last, press on the Recovery from a USB recovery disk option. It is one of the best methods to reset your pc error on windows 10.
- What is kb973923
- How to Backup iPhone to iTunes on Mac
- Download Vulkan Run Time Libraries on Windows 10
Fix #4: Use Bootrec.Exe To Restore BCD
- It will help if you have a CD/DVD on your PC; then, you can open the Command Prompt by pressing the Repair Computer > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. At last, choose the Command Prompt option.
- If you do not get the Windows installation CD / DVD, you can access a bootable drive to open the Command Prompt.
- Download the DiskGenius on your Windows 10 PC and connect your USB disk to this Windows 10 PC.
- Then choose the USB disk in DiskGenius and then select Tools > Make WinPE bootable USB drive.
- Then press on the “OK” button on the screen, and the bootable disk will generate in a few seconds.
- Connect the bootable USB disk to the PC, which has a system reset issue, and then hit the BIOS option to create the PC boot from a USB drive.
- Then the PC will boot from the USB drive. Press on the “Start” tab and then select the “Windows Command Processor” tab.
- Now enter the following instructions one by one and hit on the “Enter” key after every command.
- At last, you can start your computer again and try to reset the computer.
Fix #5: Clean The Windows 10 PC
- If the above methods are not working, you can try the last option, which is to clean the Windows 10 PC.
- Connect the Windows set-up media device and then start the computer.
- With the help of keys, you can format the drive from the Windows set-up media.
- Attach the installation set-up media to your computer, then press the restart button.
- On the boot options, select Troubleshoot >> Safe Mode >> Advanced option.
- Then press on the Reset This PC >> Remove tab.
Fix #6: Use a System Restore Point
I think this method will not harm your files. If you have a system restore point setup, you can easily able to return to it and fix the errors automatically. Don’t forget one thing, this method only works if your point was set when the “There was a problem resetting your PC” error didn’t exist on your PC yet.
- First of all, navigate to the windows search bar, and type System Restore. There you will get different results simply choose the “Create a Restore Point” option.
- Here you will directly navigate to the System Properties windows. Now navigate to the System Protection tab as shown in the image.
- Now click on the System Restore option.
- When you click on the System Restore option system restore window will launch, then click on NEXT.
- Here choose a point which you want to return. So your system automatically creates restore points after every update and after every installation. So select the suitable return point, and click on Next.
- Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions in the restoration wizard to return to your system restore point.
- When you are done with everything, then check whether you can reset your PC or not.
Fix #7: Disable ReAgentc.exe
Recently some users are reporting issues like the “There was a problem resetting your PC” error immediately went away upon disabling ReAgentc.exe.
- First of all, navigate to the search bar on your Windows and type Command Prompt. Now navigate to the Command Prompt option right-click on it and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Now in the command prompt type reagentc/disable and click on Enter button on your Windows device.
- Here Re-enable the ReAgentc.exe process by typing in reagentc /enable. Press enter again.
- It’s time to close the command prompt and restart your Windows PC Computer. When you restart the computer you can attempt to reset your PC once more.
Fix #8. By Renaming System and Software Registry
Here in this method, we are going to restore the system to some crucial files, including the software registry. Mostly you can Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error with this method, because this method works for a variety of causes, including corruption and malware. This method also can de be done by the command prompt.
- First of all, navigate to the Windows button there search for the Command Prompt, once you find it, simply right-click on the Command prompt and select Run As Administrator.
- Now type the below commands in the command prompt. But make you have to Enter after typing each line to execute the command:
- cd %windir%\system32\config
- ren system.001
- ren software.001
- Once you have fully done, simply close the command prompt and then restart your PC. You can give resetting another try if you successfully booted up.
Some Similar Problems like There was a Problem Resetting Windows PC:
- There was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made to Windows 10, Windows 8
- There was a problem refreshing your PC, no changes were made
- Can’t reset PC Windows 10
- There was a problem resetting your PC Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 2, HP Stream, Dell, Lenovo
- There was a problem resetting your laptop, computer
- How to Fix TP-Link Extender Connected But No Internet
- Methods to Fix Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Gigabyte
- Why Epic Games Launcher Loading Forever
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How do I restore my computer to factory settings from the command prompt?
Answer: Actually, to restore your computer factory settings from the command prompt, you need to use the rstrui.exe command in the command prompt.
- Question 2) How long does it take to reset a PC?
Answer: Mostly it depends on the power of the computer, but it mainly depends on the applications that have to be installed. I think it takes 1 to 4 hours to reset a PC.
- Question 3) What happens when a factory reset doesn’t work?
Answer: If there is a problem with your devise software, then mostly you will face a factory reset that doesn’t work problem
Windows 10 is one of the most excellent Operating Systems. But it comes with various issues. The firm has added all the options to deal with all types of situations. It also has different troubleshooters to deal with multiple viruses and problems. Whenever any issue arises in the OS, you can use these above-provided methods to fix the problems.
I think after reading the whole article, you can easily Fix There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC no Changes Were Made in 2020. If you get benefited from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family. If you are truly Unable to Reset Windows 10, then this article will definitely help you to fix that issue.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.