If you are facing a problem while resetting your PC, then read more to know How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a user-friendly and famous OS (Operating System). It is not ideal, as it comprises a good share of problems even still Microsoft has always been trying to improve it. As we know, Windows gets into a spontaneous repair loop, and various applicants are still stuck on the Windows 10 resetting problem. Daily many applicants are reporting on this issue and demanding help online. Resetting on your windows 10 is the best method to resolve the windows-based problems.
While starting the PC, you will see something wrong; Windows automatically begins in the automatic repair help to solve the issues; if it fails, you must upgrade or restart the PC. Unluckily, the issue of resetting Windows 10 is becoming more familiar with the fault message “There was an issue to reset your Computer.” With the help of the below methods, you can fix these problems. After reading article you can clearly know How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
Reasons (Why People Encounter With These Problems):
- If Windows 10 is pre-installed on your computer, in its place of upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- The producer of your laptop allowed firmness to decrease disk space needed for pre-installed programs.
- You generated a USB recovery drive using the aspect ‘Create a recovery drive’ in Windows 10.
- Your computer was booted to USB recovery drive through Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove.
- Your Windows PC Recovery Environment is not right or degraded.
- The edition of your recovery picture is unavailable or unverified.
- System disk has the worst segments, and it fails to function ordinarily.
How To Fix There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10?
Method 1: Run Start-up Repair
- Connect Windows 10 set-up media and start your PC again.
- Then, you need to click on any button to boot from CD or DVD.
- Select the desired language and press on the Next>Repair your PC button.
- Select the choice screen and then press on the “Troubleshoot” option. Then press on the “Advanced” options and at last press on the “Automatic Repair” tab.
- After the completion of the scanning procedure, delete the set-up media, and start your Windows 10.
- Now, reset your computer again. If this method is still not working, then you can go for the next process.
Method 2: System File Check
- Click on the Windows Key + X to launch the Win + X menu. Now choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the menu list.
- If this Command Prompt (Admin) option is not present, you can use PowerShell (Admin) option.
- After opening the command prompt option, then enter the SFC /Scannow.
- Now, the SFC scanning process will start, and it will take only 20 minutes to complete this process.
- If an SFC scan doesn’t resolve the problem or cannot perform the SFC, you need to use the DISM scan option.
- Begin the Command Prompt as a supervisor and select DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health option.
- DISM scans also take the same 20 minutes, so don’t disturb it when scanning.
Method 3: Recover From USB Drive
- Firstly, you need to connect a 16GB, 8GB, or 32GB USB flash disk into your PC.
- Now enter the “Recovery Disk” in the Start menu find box and then press on the “Make a recovery drive” tab.
- After recovering your computer from the USB Drive will delete all the latest files and applications, you have to choose the “Restore System Files to the Recovery Disk” option to store your data and then press on the Next tab.
- Then, you need to select your USB flash disk and then press on the Next tab.
- Now press on the create button to make a recovery disk. After completing the process, press on the “Finish” tab.
- Afterward, restart your Windows 10 and then hit on the particular key such as Esc, F12, F9, or any other key (according to your Computer brand) to open the Boot options page. Then boot the system from the USB recovery disk.
- At last, press on the Recovery from a USB recovery disk option. It is one of the best methods to reset your pc error on windows 10.
Method 4: Use Bootrec.Exe To Restore BCD
- It will help if you have a CD/DVD on your PC; then, you can open the Command Prompt by pressing the Repair Computer > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. At last, choose the Command Prompt option.
- If you do not get the Windows installation CD / DVD, you can access a bootable drive to open the Command Prompt.
- Download the DiskGenius on your Windows 10 PC and connect your USB disk to this Windows 10 PC.
- Then choose the USB disk in DiskGenius and then select Tools > Make WinPE bootable USB drive.
- Then press on the “OK” button on the screen, and the bootable disk will generate in a few seconds.
- Connect the bootable USB disk to the PC, which has a system reset issue, and then hit BIOS option to create the PC boot from a USB drive.
- Then the PC will boot from the USB drive. Press on the “Start” tab and then select the “Windows Command Processor” tab.
- Now enter the following instructions one by one and hit on the “Enter” key after every command.
- At last, you can start your computer again and try to reset the computer.
Method 5: Clean The Windows 10 PC
- If the above methods are not working, you can try the last option, which is to clean the Windows 10 PC.
- Connect the Windows set-up media device and then start the computer.
- With the help of keys, you can format the drive from the Windows set-up media.
- Attach the installation set-up media to your computer, then press on the restart button.
- On the boot options, select Troubleshoot > Safe Mode > Advanced option.
- Then press on the Reset This PC > Remove tab.
Windows 10 is one of the most excellent Operating Systems. But it comes with various issues. The firm has added all the options to deal with all types of situations. It also has different troubleshooters to deal with multiple viruses and problems. Whenever any issue arises in the OS, you can use these above-provided methods to fix the problems.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com