If you are searching for solutions to free up space of your Apple Watch, then read more to know How to Free Up Space On Apple Watch?
Hello! Internet Viewers, I am so happy to invite you to this article, Hope all are doing great, If you are apple watch is full and does not have the space and you wants to free up the space on Apple Watch and search for the steps to solve the issue, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the different ways to free up the space on Apple Watch, the ways are easy and simple and also tell the necessity to free up the space on Apple watch you can easily free up or clear the space on Apple Watch without any difficulty.
Content Include on This Article
The Necessity to Free up the Space on Apple Watch:
If you have a doubt regarding why I am clearing the space on the apple watch is there any problem when my apple watch storage is full, the main necessity to free up the space means due to full storage the watch works slower and also due to some media, apps they consume more power resources and battery this results in the lowering of battery life of the Watch, So you must free up the space on apple watch by deleting the content like photos, music, audiobooks, podcasts, etc and also update the watch to enhance the efficiency.
How to Check Storage on Apple Watch using iPhone?
Before going to free up the space on the Apple Watch the user must check the available and used storage on Apple Watch this will help to manage or remove the apps that occupy more space for that you need to follow some simple steps.
- Open the Watch app on iPhone.
- In that move to the My Watch tab and click on General.
- Then tap on About to see the breakdown of the storage usage.
- Now you must view the watch’s total capacity and available storage space.
- Tips & Tricks to Fix A Dead iPhone
- Why My Mac Trackpad Is Not Working
- How to Get Best iOS Emulators For Windows PC or Mac to Run iOS Apps
- Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
How to Check Storage directly on Apple Watch?
Without having an iPhone you can directly check the available storage on Apple Watch, below are the steps to follow.
- On Apple Watch, Navigate to the Settings app.
- Then click on General.
- Navigate to the About option on the General menu.
- Finally, you notice the available storage on Apple Watch.
You can clearly check the available storage space and used space on the Apple Watch, Now it’s time to free up the space on Apple Watch, there are some apps that use a lot of space on the Apple watch that results to slow performance and lifetime of the device, so it is necessary to free up the space to manage or remove the unwanted apps or space occupied by unnecessary ones on Apple Watch for that there are some ways to free up the Space on Apple Watch.
In this article we are clearly discussing the ways, just follow them and easily free up the space on your Apple Watch.
Ways to Free Up Space on Apple Watch:
The ways that are used to free up or remove the Space on Apple Watch are
- Restart the Apple Watch
- Remove Apps on Apple Watch
- Delete Content on Apple Watch
- Unpair and update your Apple Watch
- Restore from backup
#1. Restart the Apple Watch
First of all the user must restart the watch before going to try any method or way the basic step on any device is we must restart the device this helps to clear the unwanted things on the device, In most of the cases the issue is just solved the simple restart only without trying any methods or ways.
For restarting the device you need to follow some simple steps.
- You must press and hold down the Side button on the Apple watch until you notice the Power Off Slider.
- Then simply Drag it then the watch turns off.
- Again Press and hold down the Side button until you notice the Apple logo.
Note: The user must remember one thing i.e it is not possible to restart the watch while it is in charge.
If you want to Shut down the Apple Watch just Press and hold down both side buttons as well as the digital crown at least for 10 seconds, then free up both the buttons until you notice the Apple logo.
#2. Remove Apps on Apple Watch Using iPhone
Some apps occupy so much space on Apple Watch, so we must remove that type of apps to free up the Space on Apple Watch here we are using iPhone to remove apps on Apple Watch.
- Open Apple Watch App on iPhone.
- Then move to the My Watch tab.
- You can notice the Installed on the Apple Watch section.
- Now choose the app that you wish to remove.
- Next, Disable or turn off the Show App on the Apple Watch button on the next screen.
- After that go back to the previous screen then you notice the apps listed on the Available Apps this will help to reinstall the app in the future.
Delete or Remove Apps Directly on Apple Watch:
Some people are not having an iPhone in that type of situation the user can directly remove apps on the Apple Watch to do this you need to follow some simple steps.
- On Apple Watch you need to tap on the Digital Crown button for opening the Home screen.
- Then you need to click on the app you want to remove or delete.
- Now you must Press down the app icon until the app starts shaking.
- Next click on X that is located on the left side of the app icon.
- Finally, confirm the deletion of the app by simply tapping on the Delete App option.
Tip: If you want to delete the apps on Apple Watch faster then set the apps in ListView then you can quickly delete the apps.
- Methods to Share Contacts And Files Between iPhone And Android
- How To Fix Mac White Screen Issue Or Mac Won’t Start Issue
- Ways to Fix My iPad Safari Browser App Is Crashing Frequently Issue
#3. Delete Content on Apple Watch
Most of the time the most of the space is occupied by Content like Photos, Music, Podcasts, and audiobooks, so it is necessary to delete the content on Apple watch.
Follow the below simple steps for removing the content on Apple Watch.
Remove Photos on Apple Watch using iPhone:
Photos occupy large space on the device, to free up the space on the Apple watch you must follow the below steps carefully.
- Open the Watch app on iPhone.
- Then in the My Watch tab, select Photos.
- Now choose the Photos Limit option on the Photos menu.
- Finally set the limit of the Photos then it automatically removes the remaining photos stored on the device.
Remove Music on Apple Watch using iPhone:
For removing the Music, Podcasts, or Audiobooks on Apple watch to free up space it is necessary to follow the below simple steps.
- Open the Watch app on iPhone.
- Select the Music option on the My Watch tab.
- If you want to delete the individual songs then click on Edit.
- Then tap on the Delete icon on the content you wish to delete.
- After completion click on the Done option.
Remove Audiobooks on Apple Watch using iPhone:
To remove Podcasts on Apple Watch follow the simple steps carefully.
- On iPhone, Launch Watch app.
- Then select Audiobooks on the My Watch tab.
- Next, repeat the same steps you follow for removing the Music.
Remove Podcasts on Apple Watch using iPhone:
- Open Watch app on iPhone.
- Then navigate to the My Watch tab and click on Podcasts.
- Next, you must switch off any station you wish to remove.
Delete Music Directly on Apple Watch:
Not only with iPhone you can also remove or delete music directly on Apple Watch.
- Launch Music app on Apple Watch home screen.
- Then choose the Library option.
- Now select the suitable option to remove or delete the entire playlists, all the Music by the particular artist, Entire albums, or individual songs here we are selecting the Albums option you may choose any option as you wish.
- Next search for the item.
- Simply swipe left and then it shows a menu that selects Remove.
- Finally, it asks the confirmation, simply tap on Remove Download and then click on Remove.
#4. Unpair and Update Your Apple Watch
After finishing all the above ways but still wanting to lower the space on Apple Wath you need to unpair and update the Watch, to do this you want to follow some simple steps.
Unpair Apple Watch:
- Launch Watch app on iPhone.
- Then move to the All Watches tab that is located on the top.
- Now click on i (Info) icon on the watch.
- Next, choose the Unpair Apple Watch option.
- After that, it shows a dialog box simply tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
Update Apple Watch using iPhone:
To enhance the efficiency of the Apple Watch and also to enjoy the Extra features your Apple Watch must be up to date.
Here we are using the iPhone for updating the Apple Watch, before going to do you must remember a few important points they are
- The iOS device should be updated with and latest version.
- You must connect to a WiFi connection.
- The Watch should be charged at least 50 percent.
- Kept the Watch in charging until the update is completed.
For updating the Apple Watch the user must follow some simple steps.
- First of all, open Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- Navigate to the My Watch tab.
- Then click on the General option.
- Next tap on the Software Update option.
- Scroll down then you notice the Download and Install button, just tap on it.
- It takes some time to complete the update.
- After completion, tap on OK.
Directly Update Apple Watch:
Without using iPhone you can directly update the Apple Watch the steps are simple and easy.
- Launch Settings app on Apple Watch.
- Then tap on the General option.
- Next select Software Update.
- Now you can notice the latest software, simply tap on the Install option to start the update.
- Wait for some time to finish the update.
- After that click on OK.
#5. Restore from Backup
You can simply Restore from Backup on Apple Watch just following the below simple steps.
- On iPhone, move to the Apple Watch app.
- Then choose Apple Watch from the list.
- Now click on the Pair Apple Watch option.
- Next, choose the Restore From Backup and select the backup that you want to restore from.
- After that, you need to agree on the terms and conditions, tap on Agree.
- Enter the Apple ID and password.
- How To Watch Free Movies On Your iPhone/iPad
- Steps to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android/iOS
- How To Remove Malware From Mac
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to Delete Old Message on Apple Watch?
Answer: The user can delete the old messages directly on Apple Watch.
- On Apple Watch, launch Messages with the help of Siri or simply navigate to the Home screen and click on the Messages app icon.
- Now on the conversation list, you need to swipe left on any message thread as you wish.
- Next click on the Delete option to delete the message thread on the Apple Watch.
- Question 2) Is it possible to set up the Apple Watch without iPhone?
Answer: You can set up the Apple Watch without using the iPhone this is completely based upon the model of the watch, the user is not allowed to access all the features, you can only access cellular or else Wi-Fi connection, most of the people will set up the Apple Watch without using the iPhone.
- Question 3) Is it possible to FaceTime with Apple Watch?
Answer: you can also use FaceTime on Apple Watch to make and receive audio calls but it doesn’t allow FaceTime video calls why because there is no inbuilt camera on Apple Watch, with the help of Siri you can make a FaceTime call.
This article clearly discusses the Ways to free up or clear up the space on Apple Watch and it briefly explains each and every step with using iPhone and also on Apple Watch. For people who want to clear or free up the storage on the Apple Watch that type of people, this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply