If you are facing problems with your iPhone 7 and want to hard reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, then read more to know how to Hard Reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus. Here you can also learn How to Hard Reset iPhone 6.
Hello Geeks, Warm wishes to all the blog seekers. Hope each and everyone is doing Good. Are you here to know the topic for the day? OK then can you guess what the topic is or else can you guess even the topic related to it. Ha-ha Sorry for confusing you. It was a small act just to make fun. Yeah come let’s know the topic for the day and let me crack your confusion. Here the topic is about Hard Reset iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus.
You all may be aware that the home button on iPhone 7 is not a mechanical button, but instead, it has been replaced with the new pressure-sensitive button powering a built-in Taptic engine. The latest technology is now used in the home button of the iPhone 7, which helps the button to detect the amount of pressure a user exerts on it. It provides them the feedback, which is based on the task the user is performing. So, to hard reset, the device or to put it in the DFU mode is followed by different methods because of its new virtual home button.
Content Include on This Article
What is Hard Reset iPhone?
To repair the phone issues that are caused while downloading unauthorized software, restoring to original factory settings can be an effective way. It will delete all the data entered into your phone including, all the photos, contacts, music, and videos. You can restore the settings either from the phone or using iTunes. Restoring will reset everything back to factory settings after it will remove everything from your device. Download iPhone Configuration Utility Windows.
So, you would need to adopt the combination of new buttons to perform the resetting or restoring tasks. Well, as we have already apprised above, the methods of resetting the device and putting it in the DFU mode are different, so, in today’s tutorial, we are going to guide you on how you can reset your device and put your device in the DFU mode.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 7?
- A lock/Wake button is located on the right side of your device. Press and hold that lock/wake button for few seconds.
- Hold the volume down button simultaneously with the lock/wake button on the left side.
- Keep pressing both the buttons until the screen of the phone turns black and displays the Apple logo.
- Now, your device will start booting up and will display the lock screen. Wait until this process gets done.
So, guys, these are the four steps that you would need to follow to reset your device. Well, for the troubleshooting problems on your iPhone, a hard reset is the best solution you can go for. Well, there is another method also which you can follow to hard reset your iPhone 7. So, let’s have a look at the other method also.
- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
- Tap General >> Reset.
- A list of a few options will appear on the screen. Select Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Click on Erase iPhone and again click on Erase iPhone.
- Now, it will ask for your Apple ID for security. Enter your Apple ID for verification.
- Now, click on Erase.
So, here the second method comes to an end. All your data and information entered into your device will be wiped off. So, after following these few steps correctly, you will be able to reset your device without any inconvenience. Well, if you want to restore your device but have a backup as well to keep apps, settings, and email, you would need to follow a few more steps. So, let’s have a look at them.
How to get Recovery Mode on iPhone 7
- Connect your iPhone with the PC and launch iTunes. If on the top-left corner, you observe a button for your phone under Devices, the phone is connected properly to the PC. Tap on the button.
- The device will now start transferring the data if iTunes will be set to sync automatically. This step will save the all-new content including songs, apps, and videos. If iTunes doesn’t start sync automatically, do it manually. Go to Summary in the left pane in iTunes. Now, in the bottom right corner, press Sync.
- Now, go back to the information page after the process of Sync gets completed. Click on Restore. Again click to restore to confirm the restoring process.
- Now, iTunes will start the process the moment you will click on Restore for the second time.
- Once the process will get completed, iTunes will inform you. But you are not done yet. Restore your settings now and sync all the content back to the device. After restoring, the iPhone will initiate restarting itself. The process will get completed after a few minutes.
- Now, you will get two options on the screen Restore from a Backup and Set up as a New iPhone. Choose the first option if you want to restore all the information on your device. From the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen, select the name of your device.
So, after a few minutes, the process will get complete, and your iPhone will restart again. Do not disconnect your device from the PC during the process, and the whole process will take a few minutes, but it will get completed smoothly. So, this is how you can hard reset your iPhone 7 from iTunes. If your iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone, then read the whole article to fix it.
How to Exit Recovery Mode or DFU Mode on iPhone 7:
Well, in this tutorial, I will last guide you on how you can get into DFU mode on iPhone 7.
- Connect your iPhone 7 with a PC or a Mac.
- Press the Sleep/Wake button and hold it for a few seconds with the Volume down button for 10 seconds.
- Now, keep holding the volume down button for the next 10 seconds but release the Sleep/Wake button now. In the DFU mode, the screen of the iPhone 7 will remain black.
- Launch iTunes, and a message will pop up.
FAQ’s of Resetting Hard iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus
Question 1) Is it safe to reset the Hard Reset iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus?
Answer: Yes, no need to worry about any issues and problems of losses.
Question 2) After resetting Data available in the system or not?
Answer: All the data will remain in the system no need to erase the data from the device.
Question 3) Does it takes much time to Hard Reset iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus?
Answer: No, the risk is very less compared to all other processes and it is easy to reset and takes no time.
So, guys, this is the complete guide from our side. We hope this tutorial was helpful for you guys. Well, we have covered everything which we think you were searching for. So, thanks for landing on our site. We hope all your issues are now solved. But if you still have any problems, you can feel free to ask us. Thank You.
Thank you geeks hope all the information is very precious to you and if not please send it to me by dropping a comment about your query I will show the best solution for that issue. That’s it guys have a great day in your life. And feel free to ask all the quarries related to any topic.
Thanks for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.