Hey geeks…!! Welcome back again. I hope you are all doing good. Today I am going to discuss something related to the malware in your Mac. As we all sometimes notice that our devices will get lag or restart randomly without any intimation. This is due to some virus or malware in your Mac device. For this, we need to remove this malware from your device as early as possible. So, if you guys are looking for how to remove Malware from Mac then this article helps in removing that malware from your device. So, without any further delay let’s get started.
Content Include on This Article
Indications That Your Mac Is Having Malware:
Now I am going to discuss some indications or some warning signs which help you to know that you are having any virus or malware on your device.
- Your Mac will automatically get stopped and restarted randomly.
- The most frequent issue that you notice having lag in your device.
- You might see that folder or any type of file that may not open.
- Your disk space will get filled up easily and you can see error messages every time.
- Sometimes your browser also changes the home page or the search engine.
- Best App to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
- Download Aero TV for iOS 13/14
- How to Create a Temporary Gmail Account
- Why Can’t Uninstall Chromium
Methods To Remove Malware From Mac:
Well, here in this article I am going to provide you with the best solutions to remove malware from Mac with easy steps that you can do with your hands. Do follow each method carefully.
#1. Check The Activity Monitor:
If you guys have noticed any of the above warning signs in your device then worry about how to check and remove malware on Mac, it is simple you need to check the Activity monitor. Do follow the below steps.
- The first step that you need to do is go to the applications option and then click on the utility option.
- In the utility, option make sure to click on the activity monitor option. In that click on the CPU tab.
- Now make sure to look for processes that are consuming much power and check the same for the memory tab.
- Similarly, repeat the process for the disk tab and check for any unusual activity and then force quit the application.
#2. Disconnect From The Internet:
Most of the time malware in your Mac device is mostly caused due to the internet connection which most of the hackers might steal your data. So, make sure to disconnect from the internet.
- The first step that you need to do is open the system preferences and click on the network option.
- In the network, option make sure to click on the Wi-Fi option. Then turn off the Wi-Fi option to off.
- If you are using ethernet then go to ethernet and turn off the configure IPv4 option.
- Once all the process is done finally click on the apply option.
#3. Remove Suspicious Browser Extensions:
Users sometimes add some browser extensions according to their needs. But these extensions might cause malware on your Mac device. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step that you need to do is click on the safari option and choose the preferences option.
- Now go to general and click on the extensions option in the tab.
- Then make sure to check for any suspicious extensions and then uninstall them.
#4. Enter Into Safe Mode:
Well, if none of the above solutions are at all working for you then you can simply boot into safe mode. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- Firstly, turn off your Mac and press the power button for around 10 seconds.
- Then you can see the start-up window and then click on the startup disk and hold the shift button.
- After that, you can see continue in safe mode make sure to click on it and then release the shift button.
- Finally, turn on your Mac and enter your Apple credentials.
- Why Whatsapp File Format Not Supported JPG
- Download Recover Deleted Text Messages Free Android App
- How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat Without App Appearance
#5. Run A Malware Scanner:
As there are so many antivirus apps that help you to run a malware scan on your Mac device. Likewise, MacKeeper Antivirus is one of them. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- Firstly, click on the antivirus option and then choose the start scan option.
- Now, wait for some time to complete the entire scan.
- If you found any suspicious things then make sure to click on move to quarantine option.
- Then go to the quarantine option and make sure to delete all the files.
#6. Check For Malware In Mac Login Items:
If none of the above methods are not working for you then check for any malware in Mac login items. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- Firstly, click on the Apple logo and make sure to click on the system preferences option.
- In system preferences, click on the users and groups option.
- Then make sure to click on the login items options and you can delete the items which you don’t want.
#7. Remove All Suspicious Applications:
Like the login items you also need to remove some suspicious applications on your Mac device. As you guys always install or download some applications according to your needs. But sometimes applications might cause some virus in your device.
So go through the applications option and make sure to uninstall the apps which you don’t use and also delete or uninstall the suspicious applications.
#8. Use CleanMyMac:
Well, using any troubleshooting apps might fix this Malware in your Mac device. Here I am using CleanMyMac app for removing malware from Mac. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is install CleanMyMac on your device.
- Launch the app and go to the Malware removal option and then click on the scan option.
- Once the scan is complete if you found any files make sure to click on remove and it’s done.
#9. Verify Browser’s, Home Page:
Sometimes if you are having malware on your Mac the default home page of browsers gets changed. So, make sure to check the browser’s home page.
- If you are using a chrome browser then go to the settings option in the right corner.
- Now go to the search engine and check for your default webpage.
- Well, if you guys are using Safari then go to preferences and click on general.
- Then make sure to select the homepage option and check for your default homepage.
#10. Clear Your Cache:
Having a cache in your device might cause malware on your device. Do follow the below steps to clear the cache in your device.
- The first step is going to chrome and clicking on history and clicking on clear browsing data.
- In that go to the time range and click on the all-time option and finally click on clear data.
- If you are a safari browser then go to safari and click on the preferences option.
- Next, click on privacy and choose manage website data and make sure to click on remove all options.
- How to Cancel Audible Membership on iPhone
- Cast Videos VLC to Chromecast Black Screen
- How to Install Windows defender on Windows 7
You can also try the best malware removal software for mac in order to remove malware from Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- How to know that my device is having malware?
Well, there are some indications or warning signs like slowing of your device, restarting randomly, etc.
- How do I remove malware from Mac?
If you are looking to remove malware from Mac then make sure to remove all suspicious browser extensions and applications.
- What is the best malware removal for Mac?
Some of the best Malware removals for Mac are Avast, Bitdefender, Clario, Kaspersky, etc.
Finally, I can conclude that if you are guys who are having malware in your Mac and want to remove it then this article will help you in removing that malware. In this article, I gave you the best 10 methods along with explanations. I hope this article will help you in a great way. Thanks for reading this article.
Well, if you geeks are having any queries then you can share them in the comment section. If you guys found this useful then do share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.