If you are searching for the methods to transfer files between iPhone and Mac devices, then read more to know How to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac?
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all Hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept that every user must know, First of all, Heartily invite you to this article, I think you are searching for the best methods to share the Files among iPhone and Mac, for that type of people you are at the right place and this article is the best reference to know.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the best methods to transfer files between iPhone and Mac these are very simple and easy, with the help of this the user can easily share or transfer the files as they wish from one device to another or vice versa.
- How to Make Folders on iPhone to Organize Your Apps
- How to Loop a Video on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Steps to Record Video on Mac? Record Screen on Mac Devices
- How to Clear Cookies on iPhone? [Working Methods]
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac:
- 1.1 #Method 1: Transfer files among iPhone and Mac using iPhone Transfer Software
- 1.2 #Method 2: Transfer Files Between iPhone and Mac Using iTunes File Sharing
- 1.3 #Method 3: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac through Syncing
- 1.4 #Method 4: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone or iPhone to Mac using Dropbox
- 1.5 #Method 5: Transfer Files Between iPhone and Mac Using iCloud Drive
- 1.6 #Method 6: Transfer Files between Mac to iPhone or iPhone to Mac through Email
- 1.7 #Method 7: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac or Vice Versa using AirDrop
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions?
Methods to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac:
#Method 1: Transfer files among iPhone and Mac using iPhone Transfer Software
It supports various files like Photos, Videos, Audio Files, Music, Ringtones, Voice Memos, Audiobooks, Books, Contacts in HTML, Messages from iPhone to Mac.
There are so many various software are available to transfer the files between iPhone and Mac the user must use the reliable and flexible iOS data transfer software here we are using the Ease US MobiMover by using this software the user can easily share the files among a Mac and an iOS device, it also allows the user to transfer the files i.e single file or multiple files otherwise various kinds of files among iPhone and Mac.
#Method 2: Transfer Files Between iPhone and Mac Using iTunes File Sharing
It supports files that are designed by Keynote, Numbers, Pages.
By using File sharing the user can share files among Mac and iPhone through apps, before going to do this you must check whether the app supports the file-sharing or not.
- First of all, the user must connect the iPhone to the Computer.
- Then tap on the Device option that is located above the sidebar of the iTunes window on the iTunes app.
- Now select the File Sharing option.
- Next, choose the app that you wish to transfer the file to or select from the list.
- After that, you must begin transferring files between the iPhone and Mac.
#Method 3: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac through Syncing
It supports the files like Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Audiobook, Books, Photos, Documents.
This is possible only with the latest macOS Catalina version on the Mac, the user can directly transfer files among Mac and iPhone through USB cable or simply above the same Wi-Fi connection by syncing.
Below are the steps to share or transfer files between iPhone and Mac through a USB cable.
- The user must connect the devices with the help of a USB cable.
- Then navigate to Finder and choose the respective iDevice.
- Now you must choose the files types you wish to share along with Music, Movies, Files, etc and then the user will notice the list of apps.
- Next, simply drag the file or files from the Finder window onto the app to begin sharing the files among iPhone to Mac or Mac to iPhone.
Send Files among Mac and iPhone through Wi-Fi connection
- Initially, the user must set up the Wi-Fi syncing.
- For that, you need to connect the iPhone to the Mac through the USB cable.
- Next, move to the Finder and choose the iDevice that is located on the sidebar.
- After that navigate to the General tab and then check the button i.e Show this(device) when on Wi-Fi.
- Based upon your wish you must customize the syncing settings and then tap on Apply option.
- After completion of connection of iPhone and the Mac over Wi-Fi, the user must choose the iPhone that is shown on the sidebar and then sync it.
#Method 4: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone or iPhone to Mac using Dropbox
The list of files that are supported by Dropbox are Photos, Videos, Word Documents, Excel Files, PPTs, Text Files, Zip Files, Audio Files.
Dropbox is one of the Cloud storage services and is also used to transfer files from Mac to iPhone and also from iPhone to Mac, the user can also use other storage services namely Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud.
Here we are using Dropbox to share files among iPhone and Mac.
- Before going to transfer you must download and install the Dropbox on both iPhone and Mac and then you need to log in with the same Dropbox account.
- For transferring the files from Mac to iPhone you need to upload the items to Dropbox on the Mac if you want to send files from iPhone to Mac then upload the data from iPhone to Dropbox.
- Next, you must move to the Dropbox app on the selected device to check and download the files( Make sure you must keep the devices in strong network connections).
- How to Disable Pop Up Blocker on iPhone
- How to Unsubscribe From An App on Your iPhone or iPad
- Change the Name of Your iPhone
#Method 5: Transfer Files Between iPhone and Mac Using iCloud Drive
With the help of iCloud Drive also you can transfer the files, the files supported by iCloud Drive are Word Documents, PPTs, Excel Files, etc.
iCloud Drive will allow the users to store the files on iCloud and you can access them on iCloud.com, Macs, PCs, and iOS devices, the user must have an idea about the files and folders that are saved on the iCloud Drive, by using the iCloud Drive the user can access the files of all devices that have same Apple ID.
Below are the steps to transfer files among iPhone and Mac through iCloud Drive.
- First of all, enable iCloud Drive on the iPhone and Mac.
If you are using the iPhone then navigate to the Settings and then tap on Your Name and next go for iCloud and then Enable/ turn on the iCloud Drive.
If you are using the Mac, then follow the below simple steps.
- On Mac, move to Apple Menu.
- Then select System Preferences
- Next click on the iCloud option.
- Finally, go for the iCloud Drive option.
- Next, the user must upload the files that you want to transfer from the iCloud Drive from the origin device.
- After that, you need to download the files on the iCloud Drive on the selected device.
The user has no idea about how to upload the files or download the files on iCloud Drive then move to the official website of Apple Support and they will provide the complete guide simply follow the guide.
#Method 6: Transfer Files between Mac to iPhone or iPhone to Mac through Email
Email is also one of the sources to transfer files from Mac to iPhone or Vice Versa, the Email supports Photos, Videos, and Documents Files this is the best way to share small files to the iPhone, the process is simple just create the new email address for yourself and then simply add the file or files in the form of an attachment to the message, click on the attachment in that message and next download the file, after that launch it, based upon the file the user is allowed to open the file on the device.
Use a Wi-Fi network in order to reduce the usage of so much cellular data if the user transferring large files, the user is completely allowed to add any file to the email attachment and transfer files among Mac and iPhone.
The process is the same for the Mac simply create an email and then transfer files to iPhone or Mac through the Email app.
#Method 7: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac or Vice Versa using AirDrop
AirDrop is one of the excellent Apple’s technologies that is used to transfer or copy files among iPhone to Mac, it is an inbuilt file-sharing utility for iOS and Mac devices, not only for mac you can also send the files in between two iOS devices, Mac over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections, also Airdrop contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone, transfer photos and much more, It supports Photos, Videos, Websites, Locations, etc.
Here are the steps for transferring files between iPhone and Mac through AirDrop, before going to transfer files first of all the user must enable the AirDrop on iPhone, you can freely use the AirDrop to send files from Mac to iPhone.
Follow the below simple steps to enable the AirDrop on iPhone.
- On iPhone, navigate to the Home screen and select the Settings option.
- Then tap on the General option.
- If the user is unable to see the app or the app is not available on the Home screen, simply swipe left to move to the App Library and click on AirDrop.
- Now choose the AirDrop setting.
You notice the following options
- Receiving Off: AirDrop turned off
- Contacts Only: It is visible only to the people who are in contact.
- Everyone: This is visible to everyone.
- First of all, the user must turn on or enable the AirDrop, for that simply launch the Control Center on the iOS device.
Note: The user must enable/ turn on both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Then click on AirDrop and set the iPhone to be visible by Contacts Only or else Everyone.
- Navigate to Finder and then Go.
- Select AirDrop and enable both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to enable/ turn on the AirDrop on Mac.
- Finally set the option i.e Allow to be discovered by as Everyone or Contacts Only.
- Start sharing the files between Mac and iPhone or vice-versa using AirDrop.
Not only files you can also share photos just drag the photo you wish to share and tap on Send option on the image recipient or else click on the Share option in the app and then select AirDrop and select the recipient and then tap on Done.
- How to Find Passwords on Mac [Find Saved Passwords on Your Mac]
- How to Allow Safari Pop-ups on macOS or iOS?
- The Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
- How to Block Unwanted Emails & Messages on Your iPhone?
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: How to Send Pictures from iPhone to Computer?
Answer: With the help of the Documents app the user can easily import photos from iPhone to various devices like PC, Mac, and also in TV with simple steps.
Below we are explaining steps to send pictures between iPhone to Computer.
- First of all, download and install the Documents app on iPhone.
- Then launch the app.
- Now move to the Photo Albums folder.
- Next click on View and Transfer Photos to the Desktop option that is located on the top of the screen.
- After that move to the official website of https://docstransfer.com on a computer browser.
- The user must enter the code that you notice on the Documents on the iOS device.
- At last, the devices are successfully connected, don’t exit from the Documents app on the iPhone for maintaining a strong and stable connection.
Now the user can see the iPhone photos that are right on the computer, if you want to transfer or share a photo album on the computer then tap on the folder you wish to transfer and then click on the Download button.
Suppose you wish to download the selected pictures not all the folders then select the photos and tap on their upper right corner and then click on Download.
8. After completion of the process, click on the Disconnect option on the iPhone and exit from the web page on the browser or simply exit from the Documents app.
- Question 2: How to Delete files on iPhone?
Answer: If you want to delete the files on your iPhone then follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, the user must connect the iPhone to the Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- Then launch the Finder window by tapping on the Finder icon that is shown on the Dock.
- Now you need to select the iOS device’s name on the sidebar.
- Next, navigate to the Files tab in that you can view the list of apps that have files, if you are unable to view the Files section it means the device doesn’t contain any apps that can transfer files.
- After that, the user must tap on the Triangle that is next to the app to view the available files.
- Finally, you want to delete the files then right-click or click on Ctrl and choose the Delete option.
- At last tap on Delete to confirm.
- Question 3: List out the best File Sharing Services?
Answer: The best file-sharing services are
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
- DropBox Business
- Question 4: What are the best file-sharing apps on iPhone?
Answer: Below is the list of best file-sharing apps on the iPhone.
- Share it
- Question 5: Mention the best file-sharing apps for Android?
Answer: The best file sharing apps for android are
- Send Anywhere
- ShareMe (Mi Drop)
- Files by Google
This article clearly discusses the best methods to transfer files between iPhone and Mac these methods are simple and effective the user can easily transfer the files.
For people who are searching for the best methods to transfer files among iPhone and Mac or vice versa for that type of people, this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.