If you are searching for the Steps to Uninstall Chromium From Windows, then you are in the right place to remove Chromium from your Windows.
Hai friends, today I am going to show you How to Uninstall Chromium From Windows. I think most Windows users always prefer to use the Google Chrome Web Browser, but some of us may want to try a new Browser for more advanced features. So some of us may try Chromium, but the Chromium web browser is not that good and secure. Maybe it is fast and free to use, but you can’t get more advanced features compared to Google Chrome. Sometimes you may not allow to Uninstall Chromium from your Windows, because you can’t Find Chromium from All Programs List, Control Panel, and Settings on Windows to Uninstall it.
- Note: Chromium is a legitimate and open-source web browser which is one of the projects of Google. But Some browser hijackers customize and created their own Chromium web browser to change the start page and search engine page.
Most of the reviews online say that Chromium is a malware browser that injects malware and unwanted ads using the browser. So many don’t want to use this Chromium browser on their Windows devices. But when they are trying to remove to Chromium browser they can’t Chromium anywhere on their Windows to Uninstall it. Don’t bother about that, here in this article I am going to provide different methods to Uninstall Chromium from your Windows devices.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Remove Chromium From Windows:
- 1.1 Method 1: Remove Chromium From Windows Through the All Programs List:
- 1.2 Method 2: Remove the chromium from the control panel:
- 1.3 Method 3: Delete the Chromium from the folders of the user
- 1.4 Method 4: Remove the Chromium by Using the 3rd Party Software
- 1.5 Method 5: Scan and Delete Chromium with help of Antivirus
- 1.6 Frequently Asked Questions?
Symptoms that show your Chromium contains malware:
- As of now if you installed the chromium that contains the Malware will look like the browsers that maximum contain malware are BoBrowser, EFast, aluminum, Pelikan, and Qword are some of the browsers that contain the maximum malware.
- The files or apps that are related to Freeware apps may allow the chromium even without your knowledge as they are the source to spread the malware. The apps related to the freeware are open-source and will encourage the spread of malware.
- While browsing the internet you may face some links that are related to 3rd party apps those links are harmful to the device as they contain malware and destroy the material available in the device.
- The ads belong to some of the apps that are from the backend parties those are not for rendering service they just placed there to destroy the device with very harmful malware.
- Some of the pop-up ads will appear on the screen for advertising those are not for the advertisement they are the source of spreading the malware this is one of the signs that will show that your device contains the malware.
- You always prefer the good and renowned search engines for the searching the info related to the required matters be sure about the search engines. Maximum prefer the known Search engines.
- Suddenly the page converts into the different pages that you are not searching for that shows the new page that reveals that your device contains the chromium.
These are the signs that show that your device contains chromium there are some methods to remove it from your device.
- Why the File Format Not Supported on WhatsApp Dual App
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android Without App
- Steps to Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android No Root
- What is Amazon Audible
List of Chromium unwanted variants:
- Super Browser
- Tortuga Browser
Methods to Remove Chromium From Windows:
If you can’t uninstall Chromium then follow the below simple steps.
- Note: Here in this article whatever I provide the methods is for Windows 7, I think these methods may work on earlier devices too.
Method 1: Remove Chromium From Windows Through the All Programs List:
- First of all Click on Windows Start Menu
- Now Choose Programs and Features from the Start Menu.
- These in the All Programs search for the Chromium to Uninstall.
- Simply Choose Uninstall Chromium option.
- After choosing Uninstall option you will get one pop-up, ignore everything simply choose to Uninstall option in the confirmation dialog box.
Method 2: Remove the chromium from the control panel:
- Tap the windows and R key similarly that is at a time.
- There appears the RUN command.
- Enter the name Control in the search bar where appears the ‘control panel’.
- Observe the size of icons that to make sure the visibility of the icons.
- Tap on the option of “Programs and Features”.
- There you can see chromium then tap on it and uninstall the chromium.
This is the process of deleting or removing the Chromium from the control panel.
Method 3: Delete the Chromium from the folders of the user
- Tap on the Windows and R key similarly that is at a time.
- There appears the RUN command.
- Enter text %appdata% and then tap on entering.
- That will take you to the app data.
- Observe the folder that contains the Chromium.
- Tap on it and uninstall the app that contains the chromium.
- And again enter the text “%localappdata%” and search
- There appears the folder that contains ‘Chromium’.
- Delete the folder that contains chromium
- Then go to the recycle bin there are the same files available in the bin tap and delete those from the device.
This is the method to delete the files, apps, and also folders that contains the chromium.
- What is VLC Chromecast Port
- Download Windows Defender for Windows 10 64 bit
- How to Remove Virus from MacBook Air
Method 4: Remove the Chromium by Using the 3rd Party Software
There is much software available in the stores that are generally used to uninstall the apps and folders of Chromium.
- Search the apps like “IObit” from the store. Not only IObit alternative apps available in the store.
- Download and install the app as it takes time to be done.
- Tap on the app and allow the app for all the required actions.
- The app itself detects the files, apps, or folders that contain the chromium.
- All the processes will be done automatically as it is built to do so.
- The only required action is to select the option to uninstall the files after scanning then
- Tap on the uninstall option then which will remove the chromium from the devices.
This is the process that will delete or remove the apps or files that contain chromium through 3rd party software.
Method 5: Scan and Delete Chromium with help of Antivirus
The malware is the material that destroys the devices and also distracts the operations of the apps available in the devices so it may cause harm to the systems. Follow the instructions with the help of Antivirus.
- Download and install the app of antivirus if it is available on the device.
- Tap the antivirus and open the app.
- Tap on the scan option that will scan all the folders available on the device.
- After the scanning that detects the files and the apps that contain the malware.
- After detecting the malware then delete the files and apps that contain the Chromium.
This is the main process that helps you to scan and delete the malware available in the device with help of antivirus apps.
These are the methods that will help you to detect and delete or remove the Chromium from the device which harms the device.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: What are the disadvantages of Chromium?
Answer: The disadvantages of Chromium are
- It utilizes a lot of RAM.
- Doesn’t support the media formats and some codecs such as AAC, H.264, MP3.
- Not support HTML5 video.
- There is no inbuilt PDF viewer.
- The multimedia supported by Chromium is of poor quality.
- Chromium there are no individual plugins such as Google Cloud Print, Chrome PDF reader, etc are not available.
Question 2: Is Chromium contains a virus?
Answer: Yes, Chromium contains a virus it is a malicious web browser, it modifies the default search engine on the browser so there is a lot of chance of getting fake sponsored search results and also controls the apps, themes, and extensions.
Question 3: Is Chromium is free or not?
Answer: Chromium is a free and open-source codebase for web browsers and is applicable for Windows, Linux, and Android.
That’s it kudos, I think all the methods which I provided above will help you to remove Chromium Malware from your Windows. So from now onwards never try to Install these types of Malware related browsers on your Windows devices.
This article mainly concludes you How to Uninstall Chromium Browser from Windows & How to remove Chromium From Windows. If you face any problems on your Windows while following the above methods, then share your queries with us. We will try our level best to give you a better solution for your query.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.