Hello Geeks! How are you? As I am feeling bored trying to know something new to break the feeling of boring so from that I came to know some of the apps are providing the free service that users can enjoy those apps and need not pay even a single penny. Thought you are also interested to know about it. And don’t worry I will explain to you in detail and also the details for solving any issue.
If you are facing Ok Google Not Working issue on your devices, then try the below-mentioned Fixes to Fix Ok Google Command on your Smart devices.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Ok Google Not Working: You Can Try These Fixes
- 1.1 1. Check the Internet Connection
- 1.2 2. Check the Language Settings
- 1.3 3. If You Are Using Samsung Disable S Voice Or Bixby
- 1.4 4. Check If You Are Not Alone
- 1.5 5. Check Your Phone’s Microphone
- 1.6 6. Rule Out All The Simple Fixes
- 1.7 7. Enable Google Assistant
- 1.8 8. Disable the Battery Saver Mode and Adaptive Battery.
What is Ok Google?
Google assistant helps us all to exist in a futuristic utopia where we can carry our own permanently available assistant in our pocket. But this is not science fiction. It is real life and here sometimes the best tech even stops working.
Many android users have faced the problem in this feature and just left repeating the phase OK GOOGLE again and again and still left unresponsive. I guess the same happened with you therefore, you are here reading this article right now.
There are a few fixes that you can try to make your google assistant work perfectly fine. After all, the voice assistant helps you to keep your thumb free from repetitive strain injury. So, without taking much time of yours, let’s move further and check out all the methods which you can try to make your google assistant work absolutely fine and also easily fix the My Google Assistant is Not Working Issue.
- Fix iPhone Sync Failed To Start Catalina
- Solve MacBook Pro Microphone Not Working
- How to Fix Apple Music Artwork Not Showing Catalina
- Solve iPad is disabled connect to iTunes for 2022
Advantages of Google Assistant:
There are so many advantages with Google Assistant, some of them are
- Easily control the devices and the smart home.
- Quickly access the information from calendars and others.
- You can control the music.
- Easily run the timers and reminders.
- With the help of this, you can make appointments and also send messages to others.
- On phone, you can launch apps.
- Easily view and read the notifications.
- Easily search information online like restaurant bookings, directions, weather, news, and much more.
- Offers real-time spoken translations.
- You can also play games.
Ok Google Not Working: You Can Try These Fixes
If you are facing trouble while connecting with Google Assistant then follow the below methods t solve the issue.
1. Check the Internet Connection
Before going to fix the OK Google not working issue you must check the internet connection, the Google Assistant needs a strong Internet or WiFi connection to operate
For checking the internet connection, you must follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, navigate to the Settings App on the device.
- Then select Network & Internet option.
- Now tap on the Mobile Network.
- Next switch on the Mobile data button or turn on the WiFi connection button.
2. Check the Language Settings
If you don’t get any response back from the google voice assistant then maybe it is because you are using the wrong language. Generally, the default language will be US English. But still, it is worth it to check the language settings menu and alter it in the way you require it.
To do this, you need to open the google app, then its main menu. Now, locate settings and voice under the search option, and then you need to select the appropriate language from the voice menu.
There you will see so many language options. And a checkbox in front of every language. So, you need to simply tick mark your primary and secondary language according to your desire. After that try to use the voice assistant. Google will automatically detect which language you are speaking and then it will automatically switch between the language of your choice.
3. If You Are Using Samsung Disable S Voice Or Bixby
Well, there is no particular reason. But it seems to be that the google assistant is not always compatible with the Bixby or the older version of S Voice on the Samsung phone. So, if you have Bixby or Samsung S voice installed but still prefer to use a google voice assistant. Then the best way to use it will be to disable the Bixby or the S voice on your device entirely.
You can simply do it by locating the S voice or Bixby app icon and then long press on it to disable the app. Then you can try to use the google voice assistant on your Samsung smartphone. I can bet now it will work in a perfect manner without creating any kind of problem for sure.
4. Check If You Are Not Alone
It is a good move to know if the problem is from the google side or yours. To do the same, you can check Reddit, Twitter, or Google’s support forums. It will help you to see if other people are also complaining about the OK GOOGLE and HEY GOOGLE voice detection has stopped working on their Android smartphone too.
Sometimes, the most simple solution is to retrain the voice match to fix the OK GOOGLE detection. It isn’t working because the option to do the same in the settings are grayed out. In this case, you can’t do anything. You have to wait for Google to be rolled out. Also, let me tell you that Google doesn’t generally announce these fixes publicly. So, you have to keep an eye on the online communities. It is the best way to get updated about the google fixes.
- How to Fix iTunes Error Codes
- Solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Godaddy
- How To Restart Discord
- Fix Roku Remote Not Working No Pairing Button
5. Check Your Phone’s Microphone
As a voice-based system, the google voice assistant is completely based on the microphone of your phone. When you open the Google app, the microphone icon appears on the right-hand side of the search bar. That icon should appear bold and that too with the fully formed lines. But if it has dotted lines. Then let me tell you that you are having a problem with your microphone.
There are many reasons for it. The major reason could be the debris in the small microphone hole which is located next to the charging port. You can try to have a careful poke around with the safety pin or any similar thing to clear it out. So you will most probably fix the problem with your microphone. If it doesn’t work check the microphone settings on your phone.
Also, sometimes the app running in the background also influences the microphone while picking up your voice. So, you should also keep a check on it too.
6. Rule Out All The Simple Fixes
This is quite obvious that google assistant needs Wi-Fi or mobile data to work. So, make sure your device is having an internet connection before you try to search for anything. Another piece of advice is that it never takes so much time for a quick reboot. Sometimes magic really does happen. The last you can do is check if the OK Google detection is turned on. To do the same, all you need to do is to open the google app, then on its main menu locate the settings, and tap on it. Now, open the voice match detection and from their check if the voice detection is on or not. If not then toggle the feature on.
These are the methods to fix the issue of Ok Google device not working. There are various reasons to raise the issue of the device not working. so these are the various reasons to fix such issues.
7. Enable Google Assistant
To fix the OK Google Not Working on the device, you must enable the Google Assistant or Hey Google, after that check whether the OK Google command will work or not.
To do this, follow the below simple steps carefully.
- First of all, launch the Google app on the device.
- Then click on the More option that is shown on the right corner bottom of the screen.
- Now navigate to the Settings.
- Next, click on Google Assistant.
- After that move to the General option.
- Remember you must enable/ turn on the Google Assistant button.
You can also try the extra step to check the following.
- Open Google app.
- Then navigate to the More option.
- Next tap on Google Assistant.
- After that click on Voice and then select the Voice Match option.
- Finally, enable/ turn on the Hey Google button.
8. Disable the Battery Saver Mode and Adaptive Battery.
This is one of the effective methods to solve the OK Google not working issue, you need to disable the battery saver as well as Adaptive Battery in order to fix the issue, basically, these two features can obstruct the capability to detect the OK Google Phrase.
To disable the options, follow the below simple steps carefully
- Initially, on Android launch the Settings app.
- Then select Battery.
- Move to the Battery Saver section and then tap on the Battery Saver option and turn off/ disable the option.
- Next, navigate to the Adaptive Battery and then click on the Adaptive Battery button and disable/ turn off the button.
- How to Fix iMessage Waiting For Activation on New SIM
- Solve update iCloud settings stuck iPhone 12
- How to Remove Chrome Software Reporter Tool on Reddit
- Solve Cydia Impactor Not Working With Apple ID
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Explain how to restart Google on Android?
Answer: Here we are explaining some of the steps to restart Google on Android.
- First of all, on android press and hold down the Power option until the Options menu is shown on the screen.
- Then click on the Restart or Power off button.
This is all on the Ok Google Not Working. So, if your google voice assistant is not working then you can try these above things and you will surely get all your issues fixed. And if not then you need to get your phone all reset. But I am very sure that with the above methods you will get all your issues fixed for sure. This is all from my side. Now it is time for you to try all the above methods and make your google voice assistant work in an absolutely fine way from now.
Thank you geeks hope all the information is very precious to you and if not please send it to me by dropping a comment about your query I will show the best solution for that issue. That’s it guys have the craziest day in your life. Feel free to ask and will clarify it in a maximum easy way. that’s it, Geeks.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.