If you forget your Screen Time Passcode, then read more to know How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode on iOS?
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all, Hope All are doing Great, Today we are here to discuss a new and useful concept, Heartly inviting you to this article If you are an iOS or a Mac user and familiar to use the Screen Time and due to some cases you forget the Screen Time Passcode and facing lots of frustration and issues while using the device and eagerly searching for the process to reset the Screen Time Passcode for that type of people this article is very much helpful and best reference to know.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the basic information of Screen Time Passcode and briefly explaining the reset process of Screen Time Passcode on iOS and Mac devices.
- How To Get Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android, iOS
- Steps to Cancel Audible Membership
- How To Remove Malware From Mac
Content Include on This Article
What is Screen Time Passcode?
Before going to know about the Screen Time Passcode the user, first of all, know about the basic information of Screen Time and its uses in iOS devices, Screen Time is an excellent feature developed by Apple that is used to manage the time of the user spending on their iPhone, iPad or Mac this is an amazing setting for accessing this setting we use a Passcode for the Screen Time that is known as Screen Time Passcode.
In some cases, the user must forget the Screen Time Passcode and face some issues like restrictions on apps and also some difficulty while sending the messages, emails, or other services.
This setting offers a quick look at the time of the screen the user must act in an entire day, it has so many advantages the user can easily know how much time their children spend on apps, websites, and much more, so this is helpful to plan to use their device properly and easily set the limits and also learn to use the parental controls to control the children device if necessary.
Here in this article, we are giving the steps to reset the Screen Time Passcode.
How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on iPhone & iPad (iOS)?
For resetting the Screen Time Passcode on iOS the user must access their Apple ID, the process is simple and easy.
- First of all, On the iOS home screen move to Settings.
- In that click on Screen Time.
- Now you must scroll down and click on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- The user must give the correct option to either change or disable the passcode.
- Select Change Screen Time Passcode for the next process.
- Next, the user must enter the current passcode.
- Then click on Forgot Passcode.
- So the user will take over to the Screen Time Recovery, in that type the Apple ID login details that are required to reset the passcode.
- After entering all the details, click on OK.
- Next, you will type the new Screen Time Passcode.
- How To Share Contacts And Files Between iPhone And Android
- Download AeroTV For Android/iOS on iPhone/iPad
- How to Track iPhone
How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on Mac?
If you are a Mac user and looking for the process to reset the Screen Time Passcode for that type of people we are clearly discussing the steps.
- On Mac select Apple Menu.
- Then tap on System Preferences
- Next click on Screen Time
- After that, you must click on the three-dot Options Menu that is located on the left corner bottom side.
- Now tap on Change Passcode.
- Next click on Forgot Passcode
- The user must enter the Apple ID and password for setting up the Screen Time’s Passcode.
- After the confirmation of Apple ID credentials by Apple, you need to type the New Screen Time Passcode.
- Finally, confirm the New Screen Time Passcode.
How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode for the Child’s Device?
Suppose the user uses Family Sharing for controlling the child’s account and the reset options are not available on the device, so you need to try the following steps for your family organizer’s device in order to reset to the Screen Time Passcode for the child’s device.
These are the steps for people using iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch.
You must remember one thing the Family organizer’s device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- In the Family Organizer’s Device, Navigate to the Settings.
- Then click on the Screen Time option.
- You need to scroll down and select a child’s name below Family.
- Then click on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Now again click on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- The user is asked for authentication of Face ID, Touch ID, or other device passcodes.
- After that enter the New Screen Time Passcode and then type it again for confirmation.
- iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo
- What to Do When iTunes Won’t Recognize Your Device
- Best Ways to Force Quit a Stuck Application in Mac OS X
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: What is iPhone Screen Time Passcode?
Answer: The Screen Time Passcode is also called Restrictions Passcode, it is a 4-digit passcode that is usually designed to secure the changes on the Device Settings and the user’s Apple ID account and also applies the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Question 2: How many Failed Attempts Should I Get on Screen Time?
Answer: The user is allowed to attempt 6 times unsuccessful attempts, in case more than 7 times unsuccessful attempts then the screen is going to lock for 5 minutes, and for 8 failures lock the screen for 15 minutes and 9 attempts the screen will lock for one hour.
- Question 3: What happens when I forgot My Screen Time Passcode?
Answer: There is nothing happened If you forgot the Screen Time Passcode, Don’t worry about it you can simply reset the passcode and it doesn’t remove the time limit of the app that is usually set by the user, the only thing you need to know is without proper reset of the passcode the user is not allowed to use the app or web for the certain period of time.
This article clearly discusses the basic information of Screen Time Passcode and briefly explains the reset process of Screen Time Passcode on iOS and Mac Devices and also explains the reset process of Screen Time Passcode for the child’s Device, the process is easy and simple you can easily reset the Passcode on your devices.
For people who are eagerly searching for the reset process of Screen Time Passcode for iOS and Mac devices to solve the issues for that type of people, this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to reset the Screen Time Passcode on your iOS and Mac devices for more information and updates visit and follow our site omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.