Very warm welcome geeks. Today I am going to discuss one topic which is quite interesting and many of the users are searching for. Well, if you guys are looking for how to reset your Mac to factory settings then you are absolutely at the right place. In this article, I’m going to show you how to reset your Mac and what precautions you need to take before resetting your Mac to factory settings. So, without any further delay let’s get started.
Well, if you are looking to sell or trade your Mac then you need to clear all your data from the device. But how can we remove our data safely by using the factory reset? Before doing that process you need to follow some instructions and precautions to clear all data from your phone. As you are selling and trading your phone you need to wipe out all your data. Here I am mentioning some basic things that you need to follow before resetting your Mac to factory settings.
This article clearly explains how to factory reset MacBook Pro for 2022.
- How to Record Video on Mac with External Camera
- How to Set Custom Ringtone in iPhone without iTunes and GarageBand and Computer
- How to Download Videos from Tumblr iPhone
- How to Customize App Icons iPhone
Content Include on This Article
Things You Need To Do To Your Mac Before Factory Settings:
Here are mentioning 7 steps that you need to follow before resetting your Mac to factory settings. let’s get into detail.
Create A Backup:
The first and foremost thing that you need to do while you are selling or trading off your Mac device creates a local backup. This means that you need to back up all the important files, folders, and whatever files that you want to back up.
Here you can store all your files in our iCloud, Oracle, user time machine. Store all the backup data in any drives which you feel safe and secure.
Sign Out Of iTunes On Mac:
Another important thing that you need to do is sign out from iTunes if you are using Mac OS Mojave or earlier. Here I am giving the process of how to sign out from ideals in your Mac.
Go to the menu bar at the top of the screen, there chosen account, and then click on authorizations and make sure to click on deauthorize this computer. It asks you to enter your Apple credentials make sure to provide them and finally click on deauthorize.
Sign Out Of iCloud:
Well, signing out from all the important cloud services is important. well, if you are using Mac OS Catalina or later then what you have to do is click on the Apple menu and go to the system preferences and click on the Apple ID. There you can see the sidebar click on it and you can see the sign-out option make sure to click on it.
If you are using Mac OS Mojave or later then you need to click on iCloud and then Click on system preferences there you can see the iCloud option and then click on the sign-out option. In addition to this, they ask you to keep a copy of all the deleted data so make sure to click on keep a copy.
Sign Out Of iMessage:
As previously said, you need to sign out from the messages app if you are using OS X Mountain Lion or later. Well, you need to click on messages and go to preferences from the menu bar. There you can see iMessage and click on the sign-out option.
Do follow the mentioned steps if you need to reset the NVRAM of your Mac.
The first thing you need to do is power off your Mac and then again turn it on. Press the keys option command P&R on the keyboard simultaneously for around 20 seconds. By using this You can clear all the settings from the memory and can restore certain security features.
Unpair Bluetooth Devices:
This one is some kind of optional to unpair Bluetooth devices. Yes, if your Mac is connected with keyboard, mouse devices then you need to unpair them before doing the factory settings.
To unpair them you need to first connect your USB keyboard and mouse to complete all the processes. Go to the apple icon and click on system preferences and then click on Bluetooth. There you can see different devices connected to Bluetooth. Choose the devices that you want to unpair and click on the remove button.
Erase Your Hard Drive And Reinstall Mac OS:
The last step that you need to do the factory resetting is erasing all and reinstalling the Mac OS.
Once your Mac installation is done then it restarts asking you to choose a country or region. Well, if you don’t want to use your Mac don’t continue the setup process.
- How to Recover Shift Deleted Files in Windows 10
- How to Make Your Android Look Like an iPhone for Free
- How to Recover Files from Windows. old folder on Windows 10
Reset Your Mac To Factory Settings With Recovery Mode:
If you are searching for how to reset MacBook Air to Factory Settings Without Disc, for that type of people you can simply go with the recovery mode in order to reset the mac to factory settings.
Well, if you guys are looking to reset your Mac to factory settings by using the recovery mode then this is the right place for you. Do follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- The first step that you need to do is to hold the power button for some time. There you can see the restart option make sure to click that to restart the computer.
- Here while the computer is restarting make sure to hold the command and R keys simultaneously.
- After that, you will see the Apple logo on the screen. At that time release the keys.
- Now you will see the recovery mode menu make sure to click on the disk utility option.
- There Now you need to watch that the Macintosh HD start-up disk is highlighted in the disk utility option. Now click on the erase option.
- Now you can see a pop-up window make sure to change the format to macOS extended and then click on erase option.
- Finally, click on the quit disk utility option in the disk utility menu.
- After that, you will be shown a window to reinstall the macOS make sure to click on install macOS.
- Finally, a new macOS is installed on your Mac and it is perfectly factory reset.
- How to Insert Audio into Google Slides
- Download the IMDb TV app on Android
- How to Manage iPhone Privacy Settings for 2022
Frequently Asked Questions?
- How to reset MacBook air to factory settings?
Well, you need to follow the above-mentioned steps in this article by using the disk utility using the command and R keys. You can also follow this process to factory reset your Mac desktop, MacBook Pro.
- Do we need to back up the data before a factory reset?
The answer to this question is yes. A factory reset may delete all your important files. So, make sure to back up all the important data.
- Why do we need to do a factory reset?
Well, if you want to trade or sell your Mac device then you need to do this factory reset. As the new user might not find any details about the previous user.
- How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
You need to shut down your Mac and then press the command and R keys simultaneously. Now you can follow the disk utility steps and can start over.
Finally, I can conclude that in this article I have presented you with how to reset your Mac to factory settings step by step explanation. Do follow the method carefully. In addition to this, I have also mentioned the backup needs to do before the factory reset. Have a look at them. I hope this article will help you in a great way.
Well, if you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.