Very warm welcome geeks…!! Well, let us discuss something interesting today. We all know that WhatsApp plays a vital role in our daily life. We use WhatsApp for sharing files and chatting with friends. But sometimes we need to send some important files regarding office works or any important works. At the time your WhatsApp doesn’t support the format of the file. Which is one of the frustrating issues. So, if you guys are facing this issue then this article is for you. In this article, I am going to show you how to send unsupported file formats on WhatsApp.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Send Unsupported File Formats On WhatsApp:
Reasons For Unsupported File Format In WhatsApp:
Let us see what are some of the reasons behind getting an unsupported file format issue in WhatsApp.
- Well, if you are using any other format which doesn’t support then you cannot send the file.
- If you have not updated the app then you might face this issue.
- Moreover, the location of the files might also cause this issue.
Now let us see some methods to send unsupported file formats on WhatsApp.
Methods To Send Unsupported File Formats On WhatsApp:
Here I am providing you with the best 4 methods to send unsupported file formats on WhatsApp. you can follow any of the methods which are best suitable for you. Let’s get into detail.
#1. Check And Change Primary Things:
In this method, you need to check and change some primary things that will quickly fix this unsupported format issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first thing you need to check is the file format. WhatsApp doesn’t support AVI, MP4, MKV file formats. So, make sure to check the file formats.
- As previously mentioned, make sure to change the location of the file. Copy and paste the file to any other location.
- If your date and time settings are not correct then it doesn’t the file to send. So go to settings>system>date and time. Update your date and time.
- The important thing is to make sure to update your WhatsApp. go to play store>search WhatsApp>update.
- if none of them are working for you then maybe your SD card will be corrupted. So change the SD card.
#2. Send The File As A Document:
Sometimes sending the desired file in the format of a document can support the format. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to open the WhatsApp screen and then click on the clip symbol and select the documents option.
- Make sure to keep your files in the Documents folder.
- Now navigate to the Documents folder and select the desired file you want to send.
- Well, you can send ZIP files, TMP files easily if you send them as a document file.
#3. Change The Extensions Of The File:
In this method, all you need to do is to change the extension of the file. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is go to the file explorer and browse the file you want to send.
- Now rename the file to any name. let’s take an example of an image.
- After renaming the file at the extension put a full stop and then add jpg keyword.
- Once the file is converted to jpg now go to WhatsApp and send the file as a document, not as an image.
- After the receiver got the file to tell them to make sure to rename the extension back to the original.
#4. Use the Steg app to send unsupported files:
If none of the above solutions are working for you then the last thing you could do is using the Steg app. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step that you need to do is download and install the Steg app on your android device.
- Once the app is installed now go to the unsupported format file location.
- Long press the file and click on the share option. Now to share make sure to click on the Steg option from the list of available options.
- Now click on the encode option and you will receive a message once the encoding process is completed.
- Then share the encoded file through WhatsApp with others.
- Now tell them to install the Steg app to decode the received file.
- When your friends received the file now tap on the file and open it in the Steg app.
- That’s it. By using this Steg app, you can simply send the unsupported file formats on WhatsApp.
These are some of the best methods which help you to send the unsupported file formats on WhatsApp. You can choose any of the methods which are best suitable for your device.
- How do I convert unsupported files to supported files?
Well, you can use any free file converters to convert them into supported file formats.
- Why my WhatsApp is not supporting files to send?
The reason behind this will be if you are using the outdated version or you are using the wrong location or format. Make sure to change them.
- How can I send unsupported files on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can use the Steg app which is one of the best solutions to send any unsupported files to others.
- What are the file formats supported by WhatsApp?
Some of the file formats supported by WhatsApp are JPG, JPEG, PNG, MP3, DOC, PDF, etc.
Finally, I can conclude that if you guys are looking for how to send unsupported file formats on WhatsApp then this article is the right choice for you. In this article, I have mentioned the best 4 methods which help you to send unsupported files. I hope this article will help you in a great. Thank you for reading this article.
If you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.