If you want to know What are the Top and Best UPI Apps for fast and instant payments and also want to know the Top 10 Instant UPI Payment Apps list, then you are in the right place to get the UPI Apps to do faster transactions from your mobiles devices.
Hai friends, today I am going to give you top and best UPI Payment apps which allows you to do transactions through the mobile devices without the need of IFSC Code, and other long lengthy details. You just need to have the mobile number of the payee which is associated with the bank account, then you can send or receive money through the UPI. Actually, UPI is defined as Unified Payment Interface. Actually, this is a great idea from National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) under the support of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) who are always thought to make India payments digitalization.
- Note: Unified Payment Interface don’t need any IFSC code details of the bank, it just need VPA which means Virtual Payment Address of the sender or receiver to do online transactions instantly. Here in this article, I will give you Best UPI Apps which has digital wallet within itself.
I think you all know these type of UPI Payments initiate the platform to receive or send money between the linked bank accounts. Nowadays digital transactions are becoming popular throughout the world. From my research, I learn more about the digital transactions, there are many apps that provide UPI transactions which are tied with the direct bank accounts. As u all know these UPI apps change the way of payments, where we don’t need liquid cash in the hand, we just need to have a mobile device.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Best & Top 10 UPI Payments Apps For Instant Money Transactions:
- 2 List of Apps that Allow UPI Payments:
- 2.1 1. BHIM
- 2.2 2. MobiKwik
- 2.3 3. Paytm Payments Bank
- 2.4 4. PhonePe
- 2.5 5. Google Pay (TEZ)
- 2.6 6. Pockets
- 2.7 7. UltraCash
- 2.8 8. FreeCharge:
- 2.9 9. PayZapp
- 2.10 10. Airtel Payments Bank
- 2.11 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is UPI?
UPI full form is Unified Payment Interface. This is a common platform for fund transfer among all bank accounts. This payment method just needs a mobile number for transactions. But recently NPCI has made this system works on USSD technology of feature phones, where you can transactions by scanning QR code.
I think you all know what is USSD means? if don’t know about that then let me tell you a small brief introduction about that, USSD defiendUnstructured Supplementary Service Data, which is the code like system which is starts with * and ends with #, when you dial the code you will get an immediate response on your mobile device. Same like as this USSD technology also used in the UPI payments, so it is called like USSD banking.
Benefits from UPI Payment Apps:
There are many benefits with these UPI apps because nowadays everyone using these UPI Apps for payment transactions to send or receive money. Before going to know all about the Top 10 UPI Payments apps, let me tell you all the benefits of the UPI apps.
- Quick Transfer: Actually, we need IFSC code if we do money transfer to different bank accounts through internet banking for IMPS transaction, where sometimes IFSC code not needed if we do money transfer within the same banks. But it takes some times, whereas UPI transactions are quick transactions where we don’t need any IFSC details and other stuff. Simply we need a mobile number which is associated with the bank account. This transaction works 24/7.
- Transfer by scanning QR code: This UPI payment method also supports the QR code, when you scan the QR code it automatically identifies the recipient, where you can pay directly without adding the mobile number, you just need to scan the QR code and sent money to the payee.
- Multiple ways to do transactions: There are other ways are also available on the market to do online transactions. Actually, at first we do transactions with the help of Bank account number and IFSC code, but that is the old method. Recently QR code method comes to send or receive money.
- Virtual Address
- QR code
- Mobile no. and MMID
- A/c no. & IFSC code
Features of UPI Apps:
- Split Bill: These UPI payment App will allow you to split the bill among your friends and family. This will benefit the people when they want to pay for a single person.
- Digital Wallet: These UPI Payment Apps are allowing to add money to the wallets, where you can do online transactions easily.
- Single App for many banks: You can use a single app for many bank accounts, where you don’t need separate apps like If you have an SBI account, you can use SBI pay with that you can also use other UPI payments apps also.
- UPI ID & VPA: You can money to a UPI ID or Virtual Payment Address. When someone sends money through the VPA, then money will directly be credited to your bank account, because UPI is added to that bank account, where you don’t need to send UPI ID separately.
- Pay Through the QR Code: I think this is the fastest way until now because you don’t even have to enter the mobile number to transfer money, you just need to scan the QR code of the receiver and send the money.
- One Time Mandate: If you any frequent transactions like Electricity bill, DTH bill, House rent like that, then you can arrange regular payments method where you money automatically debits from your bank accounts when the payment time arrives.
- Easy to Use: As you all know this UPI payment method is very easy to use, where you need a smart mobile device and mobile number.
- Free: Every app is free to use, where you don’t need to pay a single penny for any type of transactions.
Best & Top 10 UPI Payments Apps For Instant Money Transactions:
- Paytm Payments Bank
- Google Pay (TEZ)
- Airtel Payments Bank
Note: Here in this article, I am not giving ranks to the UPI, I am just providing the Top 10 UPI apps based on the features of those UPI apps.
What can UPI Apps Do?
UPI apps allow you to do some following tasks. This app may be from any of the bank or financial company. Read below steps to know more about these UPI Apps.
- You can get notifications.
- Transactions history helps you to count the transactions.
- You can also have a chance to check your Account balance directly from your mobile.
- Add bank account to do quick transactions.
- You can Change / Set MPIN.
- You can request money from others through the messages.
- Send / Pay Money
- Virtual Address
- A/c no. & IFSC code
- Mobile no. and MMID
- You can get offers, scratch cards and much more from these UPI Apps.
Requirements to get UPI:
Before going to know about the Top UPI Apps, let me tell you all the requirements to use these UPI Payment apps. These requirements must and should to use the UPI Apps.
- First and foremost you need to have a bank account. (Savings bank account or Current bank account)
- The mobile number which is associated with that bank account.
- You should have a Debit card to add card details to the UPI App.
- The Mobile Should be activated on your mobile phone to send or receive messages.
- You should have a balance to send messages.
- Smart Mobile much needed.
- You should have internet service on your devices to transfer money.
- Android or iOS operating systems which are updated.
List of Apps that Allow UPI Payments:
Finally, it’s time to tell you all the benefits and features of these UPI Apps each and every one. Due to the heavy usage of UPI Apps, many people are searching for the Top Most UPI Payment Apps all the times. Ok, read more to know about those UPI Apps.
BHIM full form is Bharat Interface for Money which is created and developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI). Due to its clean UI and interface, it got the huge user base in India, but recently PhonePe has pushed it to the second place. You can send or receive money through the BHIM UPI is very fast by the single click only. You can also change your Bank account or you can complete the transaction by 4 to 5 clicks. I think it looks awesome right? Due to the features which I provided below BHIM app got the place in my list of Top 10 UPI Payments App.
Features of BHIM UPI:
- BHIM UPI has bill payments features where you don’t need to worry about the bill payments.
- Single Click money transfer.
- Clean interface with white background and blue minimal icons.
- You can transfer fund through the VPA, QR code or bank account number and IFSC code.
- This BHIM app associated with the BHIM Baroda Pay, BHIM SBI Pay, BHIM axis Pay.
- The most important thing is this BHIM UPI is promoted by the government of India, where we can feel some security.
- You can check your account balance very easily.
- Just pay to any user by using this awesome application.
- You can get this App from this Google App Store itself.
- Set payment reminders.
- Split bills among the other BHIM users.
I can say BHIM is topmost UPI app which is a very secure place for your money transactions. Just like other UPI Apps BHIM app also have the UPI features like sending or receiving money, Changing UPI Pin, Generating QR Codes, Checking Bank balance and much more. Recently BHIM comes with the some added extra features like IFSC code and account number method in the BHIM UPI App. Simply register your Mobile number with your bank and created UPI and start doing transactions with the help of BHIM App.
MobiKwik is created and developed by the Bipinpreet Singh and Upasana Takku in 2009. Actually, this app got a huge user base at the beginning but after that many apps come to compete with MobiKwik app. This is the Indian Payment network which recently got the place in the list of UPI Apps. This MobiKwik app provides a hell lot of features which help their users to send or receive money through the UPI process. Due to the features which I am going to provide below MobiKwik also got the place in my list of Top Most UPI Payment Apps.
Features of MobiKwik:
- You can do online bill payments through a single click.
- You can set reminders for bill payments.
- Add your Credit/Debit or Internet Banking to fund transfer.
- One of the Best Digital Wallet.
- One of the topmost e-wallet service providers also has tied-up with various e-commerce merchants.
- You can do Recharge mobiles, DTH, pay landline, gas, electricity bills through this app.
MobiKwik has the user base like more than 30+ million users throughout India, Moreover, MobiKwik has the more than 1 lakh plus retailers who accept payments or who send payments to others. You can pay any bills from your home. Recharge mobiles, DTH, pay landline, gas, electricity bills are easy to do with this app. MobiKwik has many retailers throughout India, so you can use this app so many places.
3. Paytm Payments Bank
I think you know about Paytm, yes Paytm is best digital wallet which is widely using throughout India. But recently they launched Paytm Payments Bank for UPI transactions. Due to its interface, many users are attracted to the Paytm. So as usual Paytm has a huge user base compared to other UPI apps. This app is the hugest UPI platform in India. Paytm is having unlimited features at a single platform. Paytm Payments Bank recently released its debit card which is associated with the Rupay debit card.
Features of Paytm:
- Unlimited Cash offers available on this Paytm.
- Paytm is famous for the QR code scanning.
- You can get the debit card from the Paytm Payments Bank.
- You can also purchase items on Paytm app with the help of this UPI.
- 1st you have to add your mobile number to create Paytm number.
- You have to register your number to send or receive money.
- Pay Electricity, DTH, Recharge, and much more bills through Paytm app.
Due recently updates rules in India, you have to complete the KYC to completely use this Paytm app. With the help of UPI, customers can add their money to the wallet, which they can use while doing payments. Actually, you need to have debit card/credit card, net banking, account details like account number and IFSC code to create UPI account in the Paytm. After the remitter accepts the payment request, the money is added to the Paytm wallet. Due to all the reasons which I provided in the above, Paytm got the place in my list of Top 10 UPI Apps which accepts UPI payments.
The PhonePe app is created and founded in 2015 and is powered by Yes Bank. Actually, PhonePe is getting more popular among all the UPI apps nowadays. Due to its interesting features, many people are trying to use this app on their end too. Most of the retailers are using this app to get faster transactions. With the help of PhonePe you can send or receive money within seconds, but you just need to have a mobile number which is associated with the bank account number. This app is now supporting UPI ID transactions, with that this app is also supporting Mobile and IFSC code transactions also.
Features of PhonePe:
- Faster transactions compared to other UPI payment apps.
- Almost all banks are supporting this UPI app.
- You can check your bank balance with the single click.
- You can set or reset UPI Pin with the help of PhonePe.
- Send or receive money just by knowing the mobile number.
- You can add as many as bank accounts for the live money transactions.
- You can also switch your bank accounts.
- Do bill payments like DTH, Water Bill, Electricity Bill and much more through this PhonePe app.
- You can do More with this app like bill payments, mobile recharge, bus ticket booking, and many others.
Recently PhonePe app giving scratch cards after doing transactions, when you scratch the card you will get some amount or better luck next time message, that amount will be credited to your PhonePe wallet. Recently, PhonePe has started selling digital gold through it. You can do transactions up to 1 lakh per day. You can use this app 24*7 day, which is most convenient for every user. Due to all the features which I have provided in the above PhonePe app got the place in my list of Top Most UPI Payments Apps.
5. Google Pay (TEZ)
Google create the app for the Indians for UPI transactions. Normally, at first Google Pay app comes in the name of TEZ, but recently Google changed the TEZ name to Google Pay. With the help of Google Pay, you can do transactions directly from your Bank accounts with the help of UPI payments method. Actually, Google Pay app comes with the more security factors compared to the other UPI apps. You have to enter a PIN when you are trying to open the app. Google Pay gives you a scratch card when you transfer money with the help the Google Pay. The money reward which you got from the Google Pay scratch cards directly will be credited into your bank account.
Features of Google Pay:
- Win scratch cards when you transfer money through Google Pay.
- You can pay or receive money directly to your bank accounts.
- As I said earlier Multi-layer security available on this UPI app.
- You can use this app for paying bills.
- You can also set reminders for paying bills.
- Split bills and payments. [useful when you’re with friends]
- QR code scanning type payments also available in this app.
- Google Pay app is safe and secure moreover, Add a free app.
- The best thing I can say about this app has ultrasonic wavelength technology.
- You can earn money by inviting your friends and family.
This app specialty is this app is available in many Indian languages like Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, and Hindi. At first, Google, Pay app is supported by the 4 Banks, but when Google Pay enroll their app on UPI Apps list then automatically every bank that supports BHIM UPI is live with Tez app. Google Pay app allows referral program to their users where they can earn money by referring this app to others. This app has a unique feature that is this app allows Cash Mode option where you can transfer money to the nearby persons. So finally, with the all features which I provided above this app also got the place in my list of Top 10 UPI Payment Apps 2019 For Android/iDevices.
Pockets ap which is created and developed by the ICICI bank. I think you all know about ICICI bank which is most popular for salary payments, EMI offers and much more. Actually, at first Pockets app comes with the digital wallet, later ICICI bank associated with the UPI payment method. So this Virtual Digital Wallet can be modified into the savings account, where you can save money. Pockets app provides you virtual debit card moreover, you can get free Physical debit card from the ICICI bank. You can also have a chance to use ICICI Internet banking feature from this Pockets app.
Features of Pockets:
- You can get Physical debit card to get the liquid cash from the ATM’s.
- Do contactless payments and the NFC technology.
- You can benefit from this app with the help of many offers.
- Pockets app allows their users to transfers money by different payment methods like Touch & Pay, UPI, and much more.
- Limitless offers and discounts from this app.
- You can access and monitor your fixed and recurring deposits through this app.
- Check your Bank balance by a single click.
- Safe and secure to use this app.
- You can do QR and VPA ID money transfer with the help of this app.
As compared to the other UPI apps, this app interface is user-friendly, where any user can use this app easily. Pockets app is one of the most famous apps for both digital wallets and the UPI Payments. This app is similar to Chillr app. Most importantly this app is providing payment modes like UPI, NFC, Touch & Pay, mVISA and Bharat QR Code. Due to all the reasons which I provided in the above Pockets app which is created by the ICICI Bank also got the place in my list of Most popular UPI Payment Apps.
UltraCash doesn’t have any wallet feature. This app uses NFC technology. I think don’t forget one thing that I saying from my opinion, this app not have that much user base compared to the other UPI payments apps. Moreover, UltraCash provides its services at some of the selected cities only. As I said this app uses NFC technology, where when you want to send or receive the money then, another person also needs to have a connection with NFC enabled device. The best part about this app is, this app provides discounts and offers for the users to make them happy and feel satisfied.
Features of UltraCash:
- For UPI transactions, you have to add BHIM UPI.
- You can also have a chance to do Credit card/Debit card Payments.
- Available only in few cities, so developers made it for easy and fast transactions.
- You can send or receive money through the NFC technology.
- Somewhat secure to use, because it asks you 6 digit secure PIN to access the app.
- You have to verify your mobile to use UltraCash app.
Actually, at 1st UltraCash app has associated with only Banks, but after some UltraCash tie-up with the BHIM UPI, then every user feels the easy way of money transactions. You can also do payments like Electricity bills, Bookings, DTH, and much more with this app. As I said earlier this app is only used in a few cities, so this app is somewhat difficult to get the users attention. Due to the reasons which I provided above UltraCash also got the place in my list of Top UPI Payments App.
The name itself describes the app. FreeCharge is the most popular digital wallet which allows their users to get benefits from this app. Recently FreeCharge also associated with the UPI payment methods. So you just need to add your bank account number to create FreeCharge UPI account. The best thing I can about this app is associated with the Axis bank, where you can create UPI ID within the app itself. The features which I am going to provide below are the reason to FreeCharge to got the place in my list of Top 10 UPI Apps.
Features of FreeCharge:
- The different thing about this app is you can also have a chance invest in mutual funds.
- Do Recharge to your mobile numbers directly from the app.
- Add money to the wallet from your bank accounts directly.
- Do faster UPI transactions.
- One of the best app for offers and discounts.
- Best app for cash back and in-app discounts and offers.
- Get your own @freecharge UPI ID within the help of this app.
Actually, at first this app is Gurgaon based Fintech startup, but after FreeCharge acquired by the Axis bank. You can create your own @freecharge UPI ID within the FreeCharge app, where you don’t need to separate UPI ID to use this app on your smart devices. You can also have a chance to do Electricity Bills, Recharge, Water Bills, Travel Bookings and much more you can do with the help of FreeCharge app. The FreeCharge app is famous for UPI, Recharge, Bill payments etc…
PayZapp is getting popular now due to its unlimited features. This app is associated with the HDFC Bank. PayZapp has different cash back offers and discounts across different merchant sites. It has both a digital wallet and UPI payment method which is important nowadays. The best part I can say about this app is you can create and link a visa debit card with this app. Moreover, QR code money transaction also available in this PayZapp. Let me tell you some interesting features of the app.
Features of PayZapp:
- Create a UPI ID within the app itself.
- Transfer money by a single click.
- Check your bank account balance easily.
- Do VPA ID and QR code transactions.
- You can also get great discounts at pay bills and recharge your mobile, SmartBuy, data card, and DTH.
- In-app virtua card available for online transactions.
- You can also have a chance to use PayZapp business account.
- I think almost all e-commerce sites in India are allowing PayZapp Wallet for online transactions.
- Proximity Payments (Soundwave communication similar to G Pay) Soon to be launched.
PayZapp getting famous due to its unlimited cash back offers and discounts with different merchant sites. I can surely say PayZapp is one of the most popular UPI Payment apps with more cash back offers. This app wallet is available almost all online e-commerce sites. You can also have a chance to convert your account to business account on this app when you want to do business transactions. Due to all the provided features above PayZapp also got the place in my list of Top 10 UPI Payment Apps For Android/iOS.
10. Airtel Payments Bank
I think you all know about this app. If you are an Airtel user then you must know about this app. Airtel Payments Bank recently associated with the UPI transactions list where you can do hassle free UPI transactions through this Airtel Payments Bank. You can also have a chance to create VPNs and link their bank accounts. The best thing I can say about this app is you can do both online and offline payments through this app.
Features of Airtel Payments Bank:
- You can do UPI transactions with the other banks which are associated with the UPI transactions.
- Get cash back offers and discounts.
- This app is associated with most e-commerce sites.
- Do recharge within the app and get cash back.
- This app is more useful for Airtel users.
- Check your bank balance from this app with a single click.
- Works 24/7 for 365 days.
I can surely say Airtel Payments Bank getting popular nowadays due to its cash back offers and single click online transactions. You have to add UPI ID to create Airtel Payments Bank. Moreover, this app gives you the opportunity to do UPI transactions. Due to all the reasons which I provided in the above Airtel Payments Bank also got the place in the list of Top Most popular UPI Apps list.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1) Is it possible to pay online transactions with the help of UPI Transactions?
Answer: Yes, you can pay online transactions with the help of UPI transactions if the merchant provides a chance to paay through the UPI.
Question 2) Is it safe to do transactions with the UPI payment apps?
Answer: Yes, it is 100% safe moreover, some apps are providing two-factor authentication.
Question 3) What are the key features of UPI?
- You can send or receive money through VPA.
- Works 24/7 basis.
- Safe and secure payment method.
- Directly pay to the merchants.
Question 4) What are additional features compared to the IMPS transactions?
Answer: The additional features like P2P functionality, simplification of merchant payments, a single app for money transfer and single click for two-factor authentication.
That’s it friends, I think I am giving the best UPI Apps which are gaining more popularity throughout India. Nowadays UPI payment methods are working very fast while money transactions. So many merchants and retailers are using these UPI payment Methods to receiving money from the customers. Moreover, most of the online e-commerce sites are allowing UPI payments to their services.
This article mainly concludes “What are the Best UPI Payment Methods” & “Top 10 List of UPI Apps” For both Android and iOS devices. If you face any problems or errors while using those UPI apps let us know through the comments section, we will try our best to give a better solution for your queries. If you know any other UPI Payment app which gives unlimited features to the customers, then let us know.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates visit back to omgeeky.com