If you want to know What is YourPhone.exe? and also want to know How to Stop YourPhone.exe on Windows 10? then you are in the right place to read more to know how to stop YourPhone.exe.
YourPhone.exe is running in the background and it is also using your GPU. If you brown the websites it results in some unnecessary information. This is not a virus, it is downloaded in the background when we download the official Microsoft app in Microsoft Store. This app is used for easy to connect your smartphones to your PC and we maintain your data safe.
We can connect your PC with Android phone, iPhone, and iOS in Windows 10 by using your phone app. But the process is varied depending on what types of smartphones you are using. The following instructions helped to understand the connection between types of smartphones.
- Unlock the different types of cross-device experiences like Android or iPhone by connecting the PC to your phone.
- If you use Android, we see the phone pictures on your PC.
- Then view the photos and details on your PC then send some text messages on your PC.
- Answer the incoming phone calls through your PC.
- Always we able to play the games and control the music.
- In Android phones, we had the other option is screen monitoring. The above options are provided by this app only.
- Explain Service Host Sysmain High Disk Usage
- How to Force Quit on Mac When Frozen
- How to Fix iTunes Error 9039 and 11571
- The Default Gateway Is Not Available Windows 10 Keeps Happening
Content Include on This Article
What is YourPhone.exe meant in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, the YourPhone.exe is the major and main process in your phone application. If you want to know the location of the file just type the following commands
By using the above program code be easy to retrieve the location of YourPhone.exe. And the file size of this app is only 19KB. Instead, it had the various DLL files for function conditioning. The main unknown fact is YourPhone.exe never showed up with the Task Manager option. YourPhone.exe is always running in the background during the windows sessions. It will run all the time till we close the app.
Methods To Stop YourPhone.exe On Windows 10:
Here I am giving you the best possible methods to stop YourPhone.exe in windows 10. Do follow them carefully to solve it.
Fix #1. Your Phone App Installation:
The Your Phone application is a pre-installed app in Windows 10. Otherwise, it is not available on your PC then we download and install the application from the Microsoft store. By using the following steps we can easily install this application.
- First of all open the Microsoft store in your system
- Search YourPhone.exe by using the keyword like Your Phone
- When you find the app then install this application.
- After the download and installation process the Your Phone app is still available in your starting menu. YOu may also be able to run it by clicking the open option.
- Disable Your Phone Application Then stop the background Running Process
If you use the universal windows app it makes your process easier. We easily disable the application in the setting menu. We easily disable the app when you don’t want that. The major issue of this app is it will obtain a substantial amount of memory for your system and it continuously runs in the background. When you never need this app then you can easily disable this app. There are many different methods available to disable this youphone.exe.
Fix #2. Windows Power shell Uninstallation:
- Click the right on the start menu and select the Windows PowerShell(Admin) option.
- It will open the evaluated mode Powershell. Then copy and paste the following command.
“Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone- AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage”
- After typing this command then click the enter button. Then the command will be executed. After the complete execution, the YourPhone.exe process will be removed from your system. We never see the app in your system. If you require this app then simply go to the Microsoft store and download it then install it.
Fix #3. Disable the App by using the Privacy Settings:
- First, click the start button, then go to the settings option.
- After going through the settings then go to the Privacy option.
- If we go to the privacy settings window, we see the scroll down in your left side pane. On the left side, we see the background apps which are placed under the app permissions.
- Once we go to the background apps we select background running apps. Scroll down to check which apps are running in the background. Select the location of Your Phone. Then Switch off the turn off the Your Phone.
- Still, we never see the YourPhone.exe file running. If we want that simply turn it on and run it again.
- How to Fix ‘System Thread Exception Not Handled Error in Windows 10
- How to Downgrade From Windows 11 To Windows 10 Without Losing Data
- Steps to Find my iPhone iCloud
Any Possibilities for Your Phone App Uninstallation
Nope. Your Phone had the related files of YourPhone.exe. And Your Phone is not a malware function, virus, or bloatware. Additionally, it contains a low level of system resources. There are many ways to increase the Windows 10 system performance. Also, it has other benefits like we will share the information with other people. And it has many nice benefits. We are also sharing the information through the computer to phones. Sometimes if we uninstall the application, personal data or any other data will be lost.
Fix #4. Your Phone Application Uninstallation:
The built-in Universal Windows app is Your Phone application. Therefore, we never uninstall the application. There are never any possibilities for uninstalling it. We had the option to add or remove this program. App setting has the uninstall button and it is clickable.
- Instead, to uninstall this application from your computer.
- Start Powershell by using the Administrator.
- Type the command for Get-AppxPackage Microsoft. your phone-AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
After this command execution, the deployment operation progress will be ready to pop up after a few minutes it will disappear. Your phone will be uninstalled by this process. You type Your Phone in the windows search bar. It displays the needed app. Otherwise, your search from the Microsoft store. It cannot return the phone app in your searched results. You also search for Your Phone in the Microsoft store. It clearly shows you installed the app or not installed this app. If it displays the install option then you install and follow the above instructions. Then we easily remove this option.
Fix #5. Manually End yourphone.exe Task:
Well, if you guys want to temporarily end your phone app then it can be done by using the task manager manually. By using the task manager, you can stop the application until you restart your computer or launch the app again.
Do follow the below steps carefully if you want to stop the application manually by using task manager.
- The first step is to open the task manager. Well, you can do that in two different ways according to your comfort.
- You can either give a right-click on the empty taskbar and then you can see the context menu in that go for task manager.
- The other way you can open this is by pressing the ctrl, alt, Esc keys on your keyboard simultaneously will open the task manager.
- After that, the task manager will be opened in different ways if it is opened in compact then click on more details at the left bottom side to see other options which you need to access.
- Now in the processes tab, you can see yourphone on the screen if it is running in the background, you can see your phone on the screen.
- Make sure to give a right-click on yourphone option and click on the end task option that appears on your screen.
How To Reset YourPhone.exe In Windows 10:
Well, if you are facing any difficulty while re-installing your phone app, then you can simply go with this method by simply resetting the app and then re-install it.
Do follow the below steps carefully to know more about your phone app.
- The first step is to go to the start option and go for settings options in the start option of your phone app.
- Now in the settings, go to the apps option.
- After that, you will be navigated to the apps and features settings page.
- In the apps and features option go to the right side and search for your phone app in the available options.
- Now click on your phone app and you can see the uninstall option in grey color. In that go for advanced options.
- After clicking on it you can see a number of options, scroll down and click on the reset option.
- Now a dialogue appears on the screen for confirmation of reset make sure to click the reset option to confirm.
Once you have completed all this process, restart your PC and then you will not see your phone app in your task manager.
Is Your Phone.exe A Virus:
To be straightforward the answer to this question will be no as yourphone.exe is not a virus as it comes with a genuine application called your phone which was developed by Microsoft. Moreover, it doesn’t cause any harm to your device and it doesn’t have any malware to cause viruses.
This phone app is used to connect your phone to a PC in which the process is not harmful, but in very rare cases it causes some malware when the youphone.exe process is going on as this technique prevents the users from suspecting the malicious thing running in the PC.
So, if you found that your phone.exe is using high CPU usage, high disk usage and memory then make sure to run anti-virus software on your PC.
- Why iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High Memory
- Why iTunes Not Detecting iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Is YourPhone.exe safe?
Answer: YourPhone.exe is a safe process that runs in the background of Windows 10. It is part of the Your Phone app and may show up in Task Manager.
- Question 2) Can you delete YourPhone.exe?
Answer: If you want to remove it completely, you’ll need to use Windows PowerShell to do so. Removing it will stop you from syncing your Android device with Windows, but you can reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store later.
- Question 3) What is YourPhone.exe?
Answer: YourPhone.exe is the main Windows component that never creates issues. It is located in the “C:\Program Files” subfolder. It’s a Microsoft app that is synced with Android or iOS phones into your Windows 10 Computer.
Well, we can conclude this topic as YourPhone.exe is not a virus it is useful to your system but if you really want to stop it on Windows 10 then you can follow the above-mentioned methods carefully and choose the best suitable one for your device. I hope this article is useful for you. if you have any doubts regarding this article please feel free to share in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share with your loved ones.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com