If your Windows 10 PC/Laptop is Restarting while playing games, then read more to know How To Fix Windows 10 Restarting While Playing Games?
Hello! Geeks, Heartily Inviting you to this article, I think are you waiting for the new topic that is related to Windows 10, and also some gamers are facing the Windows 10 restarts while playing games and searching for the fixing methods to solve this issue, for that type of people this article is the best reference and boon to gamers to fix the restarting issue while playing games.
In this article we are ready to discuss the reasons behind the Windows 10 PC restarting while playing games and briefly explain the fixing methods to solve the issue, the methods are easy and simple you can easily go through them.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games
- 1.1 Method #1: Change the Power Settings
- 1.2 Method #2: Disable/ Turn Off the Windows Automatic Restart Feature
- 1.3 Method #3: Disable third-party GPU (if applicable)
- 1.4 Method #4: Check Overheating
- 1.5 Method #5: Perform a Clean Scan
- 1.6 Method #6: Disable Overclocking(if applicable)
- 1.7 Method #7: Check PSU(Power Supply Unit)
- 1.8 Method #8: Update the Graphics Card Drivers
- 1.9 Conclusion:
The system must have some requirements for playing games on the Computer to avoid issues like restarting or stuck while playing games
- RAM: 12 GB
- GPU: EVGA GTX 1080
- Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
- PSU: Corsair CX750M or anything
- Operating System: Windows 10(64-bit)
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790 processor or above
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
- Storage Space: minimum 70 GB
Reasons behind the Windows 10 Restart While Playing Games
There are some reasons behind the Windows 10 Restart While Playing the Games
- The PC doesn’t have the minimum requirements to play the games
- Sometimes the failure in the system
- Faulty PSU
- Due to Heatsink
- Wrong BIOS Settings
- Worst GPU
- Mismanage of Windows Installation
- Change in the Power Settings
Methods to Fix Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games
- Change the Power Settings
- Disable/ Turn Off the Windows Automatic Restart Feature
- Disable third-party GPU(if applicable)
- Check Overheating
- Perform a Clean Scan
- Disable Overclocking(if applicable)
- Check PSU
- Update the Graphics Card Drivers
Method #1: Change the Power Settings
The Windows 10 PC restarting while Playing games issue is due to the PSU( Power Supply Unit) is not having sufficient requirements for the computer components, so the user must power up the graphics card, for that the user must test the power supply tester.
- On Windows Start Menu, Enter Control Panel on the search bar and hit Enter.
- Then you need to set up the Control Panel view with Large icons and then tap on Power Options.
- Now select Change plan settings.
- Next tap on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- You must search and tap on Processor Power Management and then Minimum Processor state
- Now the user must set the number low state i.e 5% or 0% and then tap on OK.
Method #2: Disable/ Turn Off the Windows Automatic Restart Feature
Sometimes the issue is due to system settings, so you must disable/ turn off the Windows Automatic Repair Feature, to do this the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, Press Windows Key + Pause Key at a time to launch System.
- Then tap on Advanced System Settings.
- In that tap on Settings that is below Startup and Recovery.
- Now you must uncheck the Automatically restart option and tap on OK.
- Next select Apply and then OK
- Finally, Restart the PC
Method #3: Disable third-party GPU (if applicable)
In case the device is running the third-party GPU then immediately you must disable it in order to fix the Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games the reason for getting this issue is due to incompatibility of third-party GPU with Windows OS version.
Follow the below simple steps in order to fix the issue.
- First of all, the user must Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard to launch the Power User Menu.
- Then on the keyboard Press the M key to launch Device Manager.
- In that, you must navigate to the list of installed devices and enlarge the Display adaptors section.
- Now you must right-click on the graphics card and tap on Disable device option.
- Next, close the Device Manager
- Restart/ Reboot the computer
At last, check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #4: Check Overheating
Overheating is one of the major reasons behind the Windows restarting while playing games, it will damage the Gameplay, This is due to having more burden on the CPU it means consuming high energy and it results to produce heat that’s why the PC will automatically shut down in order to protect itself, to avoid this type of issues the user must clean the dust and dirt on the PC and also check all the fans whether they are working properly or not.
If you clean the PC and check all the fans then also the CPU is overheating then you must change the CPU cooler.
Gaming is also one of the reasons to computers overheat, it consumes so much CPU resources, so you must play the games limitedly on the computer to protect their performance and lifetime,
Tips to avoid Overheating or Cool Down the Computer:
Here we are explaining some tips to avoid overheating or simply cool down the computer, follow the tips and protect your computer from overheating
- Use the laptop cooling pad
- Stop using the programs that consume high energy of CPU
- Regularly clean the computer fans and vents and also dust on Computer
- Adjust the computer’s settings to enhance its performance
- Shut down the computer after completion of work or anything.
- You don’t block the computer’s vents.
Method #5: Perform a Clean Scan
Virus and malware can also stop the gameplay, so the windows will automatically restart while playing the games, so must run a clean scan by using the best antivirus software, you must use the updates and the latest version of antivirus software to protect from viruses and malware.
Antivirus Software will only perform the deep clean and scan, it takes a few hours to complete its task, In case your computer is clean and viruses free then you must try another method to fix the issue.
In this article, we are providing the list of best antivirus software’s for Windows 10
List of Best Antivirus Software for Windows 10:
- TOTAL AV
- PC PROTECT
- SCAN GUARD
Method #6: Disable Overclocking(if applicable)
This method is helpful to fix the issue, overclocking is an essential element on any gaming equip or PC, on this mode the processor will work with burst computations until the temperature outdoes the threshold temperature, it automatically returns back to its normal CPU speed when it reaches the temperature.
Most of the people will share their experience i.e disabling the overclocking feature will help to solve the issue, so follow the below simple steps carefully to disable the overclocking feature on Windows 10
Note: Before going to do this you must close all the computer-enhanced programs that are running on the computer, why we are closing the programs means its disputes with the Operating System and graphics and also eliminates or removes the important processes while optimizing the computer.
- You must navigate to BIOS and CMOS settings on the computer.
- Then you need to reverse the voltage settings on the motherboard then return to normal, the user must manually perform it or just tap on the Restore Fail-Safe Default option.
- You can also check the FSB frequency and set its value to the base value
- Reverse each and every setting you wish to change or modify, simply disable the overclocking feature.
- Next, save the changes and close the setup
- Finally, restart the computer.
Method #7: Check PSU(Power Supply Unit)
One of the essential components of a Computer is the Power Supply Unit, it is used to provide the required voltages for individuals, In case the Power Supply Unit is damaged or doesn’t work properly then the computer must face so many issues and errors, due to improper working or insufficient power supply will results to stuck or restart the computer while playing the games, so the user must check whether the PSU is working or falling or damaged, otherwise, the computer needs a new PSU.
Usually, the computer games require a 500 watt PSU, it must have the capacity to power up the graphics card, the user must check the cable connection of the Power Supply Unit o the main electricity outlet.
Method #8: Update the Graphics Card Drivers
One of the reasons behind the issue is due to outdated or missing drivers, so the user must update the graphics card drivers, you can update it two ways one is manually and another one is automatic, with the help of driver easy you can easily update the graphics card driver automatically.
Driver Easy is one of the tools that updates the graphics card driver and also recognizes the system and search for the correct drivers, it is available in both free and pro version
To do this the user must follow some simple steps carefully
- First of all, download and install the Driver Easy.
- Next, run the Driver Easy and tap on Scan Now option then it will scan the computer and perfectly detect any problem with drivers.
- After that select the Update option then it automatically downloads the latest and suitable version of the driver
- Or else simply tap on Update All, so it will automatically download all the drivers.
Once the updating of drivers is completed, you must check whether the issue is solved or not.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.