If you are facing that your Mac is going to sleep continuously, then read more to know How to Stop your Mac from Sleeping.
Hello! Buddies, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept, Firstly heartily inviting you to this article, I think you Mac is going to sleep then you want to awake or stop the Mac from sleeping, for that type of people you’re at the right place and this article is the best reference to know
In this article, we are ready to discuss the different ways to stop the mac from Sleeping and explain the basic information of Sleep mode on mac.
Before going to stop the mac from sleeping, first of all, the user must know about the basic information of sleep mode on mac.
Content Include on This Article
What is Sleep Mode on Mac?
Sleep Mode is one of the inbuilt features of macOS, it usually stops all the visible activities of the Mac but runs the crucial process on Mac, while compared to shutdown it is completely different, it allows the mac to keep awake for some time you set and then return back to the work immediately.
Generally, the mac is automatically going to sleep after some period of inactivity(between one minute and three hours), the user can easily notice the mac in sleep mode it represents a dim color, then it activates the screensaver shortly and keeps it for almost 10 minutes and after that, the screen will turn to black i.e Sleep Mode.
Different Ways to Stop the Mac From Sleeping
There are some different ways that are useful to stop the mac from the Sleeping or sleep mode, just follow the ways
- Using System Preferences
- Turn Off Sleep Mode using Apps
- Using Terminal
Using System Preferences
With the help of System Preferences on Mac, the user can easily turn off the sleep mode and stop the Mac from Sleeping.
Follow the below simple steps in order to turn off the Sleep mode on Mac
- On Mac, click on the Apple icon menu that is located on the left corner of the screen.
- Then choose System Preferences.
- Next tap on Energy Saver, it looks like a light bulb.
- The user must tick on the box that is preceding the Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off.
- After that, you must untick the box that is next to the Put hard disks to sleep when possible.
- At last, Pull the Turn Display off after the slider to Never option.
Note: If you’re using the laptop then you will notice the option, if you just tap on the Power Adapter tab that is located on the top of the window, in the Battery tab also you can change or modify the settings.
Turn Off Sleep Mode using Apps
There are some apps that are available to turn off the sleep mode or stop the mac from sleeping, so many people are using the apps to stop sleeping.
Below we are explaining the apps that perfectly stop the sleeping from Mac
Here we are giving the apps that are useful to wake up the Mac from sleeping
- AntiSleep or Sleep Control Center
It is an excellent app that is specially designed to keep the mac from sleeping, it uses triggers to awake the Mac, the user can easily set up this app on Mac with the help of an external display you can set up the triggers and quickly set up them, it also offers the switch to on/ off or enables/ disable that is located on the main interface to stop the triggers and it fully controls the computer and also monitors the way it performs in its path, whenever the Mac is going to sleep then it immediately activate the screen saver and also some actions to awake the Mac from Sleeping.
It perfectly allows the users to stay their respective machines awake and also set the time and also use the tools in series and those are not available on the macOS.
Features of Amphetamine:
The amazing features of the Amphetamine app are
- The user can use their own status icons
- Easily customize and optimize custom notifications sounds
- It perfectly supports Applescript
- You can easily allow or prevent the screen saver
- Whenever you connect with Mac’s power adapter then it auto-activate
- You can automatically activate the launch login
- You can keep the drives(HDD/SSDs) awake that are connected to the Mac
- It sends notifications regarding the activation/ deactivation of the running of the app
- In a single click on the menu bar, you can activate/ deactivate
- you can also schedule the activation/ deactivation times for the special times of the day
- Whenever the user is connected to specific WiFi networks then it activates
- Easily utilize the global hotkeys for activation/ deactivation
- You can select from many activation time presets or you can enter by your own
- It awakes the Mac whenever the specific apps are running on the device
- There are no in-app purchases
- It is completely ad-free
- Give support to Retina displays and OS X dark mode
Owly is another best app for Mac to wake it from sleeping, with the help of this app the user can easily manage Mac’s sleeping preferences, it gives some features and that is a small icon available on the Menu bar that is shown on the top of the screen.
The user can also set the time to stop the Mac from sleeping, simply right click on the Owly icon on the menubar, then the app can switch on/ off, The activation of the Owly icon is represented by the red color,
It is a cute little fellow that is available on Mac’s menu bar, it automatically stops the Mac from sleeping
Features of Owly:
The salient features of Owly are
- The interface is clean and intuitive, so the user can easily use the interface there is no difficulty.
- It consumes fewer CPU resources.
- The user can know the time that is left to activate the sleep mode.
- It is completely free there are no hidden and extra charges are included.
AntiSleep or Sleep Control Center:
Sleep Control Center or AntiSleep is likely on the app that is used to manage or stop the mac from sleeping below the different states or conditions, this app stay the mac awake below the particular working conditions.
The user must know some points i.e the icon that is available on the status var shows the present state of the user launches the eye on the menu bar then it indicates the mac is not set to sleep mode.
Whenever in the system sleep mode the display turns off but still the system is running whenever the user is exit from the laptop lid then the mac also automatically sleep the user can easily set the timer that is available on the list of pre-defined sessions in order to get the sleep mode based upon the preferences.
Not only that the user can also perform so many things like simply activating the app on various events, but it also offers powerful parameters and pre-defined conditions, It is a widely used tool to stop the mac from sleeping.
Features of Sleep Control Center:
The key feature of the Sleep Control Center is
- You can keep waking so many things like System, Display and External Displays, Wi-Fi Network, Audio In-out, Disks, and External Storages, Bluetooth and other external Media.
- It offers Timers for Deactivate, System Sleep, Display Sleep, Display Fade, Deactivate, and Emulation of Mouse Movements.
- Contains Triggers for connecting/disconnecting AC power, WiFi, External Display, External Storage, Critical Battery Charge, and close lid.
- You can also perform the manual actions like System Sleep, Display sleep, Screensaver, Fade, and Lock Screen
- It has silent mode and supports Apple Script
- In a single click, you can activate i.e one-click activation.
Lungo is the latest menu bar app, it is a widely used app to wake the Mac from sleeping and offers amazing features and having an inbuilt dark theme that is perfectly matched with the macOS dark mode, the app offers a compact list of pre-defined periods to break in the sleep and it allows to access more preferences.
It is not only a menu tool but also manages and gives support to launching a URL including a custom scheme, shell scripts, shortcuts that are in-built on the macOS, and a Terminal app.
In this article, we are providing one command that is used to activate the app for almost 10 minutes i.e
$ open -g ’lungo: activate?minutes=10’
On a similar basis, there is another command that will activate the Lungo app for 1 hour and 30 minutes
$ open -g ’lungo:activate?hours=1&minutes=30’
It perfectly gives support to some commands namely activating, deactivate or toggle and parameters such as hours and minutes, if you want to know more examples regarding the command lines then simply navigate to Lungo documentation, the user can also organize the app to open automatically or pause whenever the screen gets locked.
This is a shot for the mac that usually has a simple utility available on the menu bar and it is the best solution to solve the mac from sleep, with the help of this app you can easily change or modify the sleep time on the mac, just tap on its icon and select the time that you want to stay the mac awake, for example, 10 minutes, 1 hour, 2 or 3 hours as you wish, the user is completely allowed to stop the app any time as they wish and also in one click you can deactivate and activate the app, there is no need to open the Energy Saver, this app is sufficient to provide all the things that are necessary to awake the mac from sleeping.
One of the best apps to awake or stop the mac from sleeping, it is also a menu bar app that completely depends upon the caffeinate command-line tool and it is specially designed to stop the mac or MacBook from sleeping, not only mac it is also applicable for desktop and it is an appropriate replacement for the now-defunct caffeine, with the help of this app the user can easily select from multiple preset options along with and keep the mac awake for 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes.
You can manage the icon and select to Activate for Duration and then tap on Indefinitely or for a specific period, the user can easily add or insert the custom preset and you can automatically select the app to deactivate whenever the battery is going to down under the specific threshold.
Features of KeepingYouAwake:
The advanced features of KeepingYouAwake are
- In single-click, you can stop the Mac from sleeping
- It offers pre-defined activation durations
- The app disables/turns off itself whenever the battery level falls down or is low.
- It perfectly supports Retina displays and Dark Mode.
- Also supports macOS Big Sur and all versions after macOS Sierra
- Based upon the community the app is translated into different languages.
It is a powerful app that offers a clear view of entire processes and the power assertions and it perfectly stops the mac from sleeping, this is an inbuilt feature in macOS it consists of power assertions and those perfectly stop the mac from sleeping.
The user can easily change the awake feature whether they don’t want it, it uses different phenomena to stop the mac from sleeping, the user can perform many things like easily set a timer, create as per the process schedule for the duration, or select the service that is running i.e SMB or SSH.
Features of Wimoweh:
The excellent features of Wimoweh are
- It displays the apps that stop the mac from sleeping and also shows the reasons behind it.
- This app allows the user to keep automatically awake whenever they running specific applications.
- Depending upon the system it allows the user to keep awake.
- The awake can also depend upon the schedule.
With the help of Terminal, the user can keep the Mac temporarily on sleep mode, here we are using the Terminal command i.e Caffeinate, which automatically disable the sleep mode on Mac until the terminal window remains open.
Follow the below steps in order to use the Terminal to stop sleeping on Mac temporarily
- First of all, Launch the Terminal app.
- Then move to Application and then Utilities
- In the Terminal, enter Caffeinate and hit Enter.
- The only modification you see is the cursor will move to the new line and the caffeinate will be shown on the Terminal window name that is preceding the username.
- It will make the Mac awake until the Terminal window remains open, in case the user exit from the window then it pop-up a notification i.e if you wish to proceed with this or not.
- Finally, tap on Close then the Mac will sleep based upon the Energy Saver settings on the System Preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to schedule sleep on Mac?
Answer: If you want to schedule some time for sleep on Mac then follow the below simple steps.
- Firstly, tap on the Apple logo icon that is shown on the left side top of the screen.
- Then choose System Preferences
- Launch Energy Saver
- Now tap on Schedule
- Then it shows the pop-up window with two checkboxes i.e Sleep and Startup or wake.
- You must choose the day of the week and the time you wish to wake the Mac or set it to sleep.
- Finally, tap on OK.
At last, the Mac will awake or sleep for some days based upon the time you set.
- Question 2) Explain Why My Mac does not stay in a Sleep?
Answer: Because of some reasons the Mac doesn’t stay asleep, the reasons are notifications and changes in network access.
For that, you must follow some simple steps
- On the Mac, move to its menu bar that is located on the top of the screen.
- Then choose the Control Center option
- Now select the Do Not Disturb option to permanently disable the notifications or tap on the arrow to set the different duration.
In some cases the issue is due to the network access, so follow the below steps in order to fix it.
- Navigate to the Apple menu icon on the Mac.
- Then choose System Preferences.
- Next on the MacBook, you must select the Battery option.
- After that click on Power Adapter.
- Finally, uncheck or untick the Wake for network access box.
This article clearly discuss the different ways to stop the mac from sleeping and also explains the reasons behind the issue and basic information of Sleep Mode on Mac, the ways are clearly explained you can quickly go through it there is no difficulty while doing you can easily wake up the Mac from sleeping.
For people who are searching for the best ways to stop the mac from sleeping and tell the basic information of Sleep Mode for that type of person, this article is the best reference to know.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply