If you are facing an Unknown USB Device issue on your PC/Laptop, then read more to Fix the Device Descriptor Request Failed on Windows PC/Laptop.
The “Device Descriptor Request Failed” is a very common error among Windows applicants. USB devices like pen drives, flash drives, or memory cards are often used for simple and fast data transfer. Those applicants who are using the Windows OS have been reporting the “Device Descriptor Request Failed” issue while attaching the USB device on their PCs.
The “Device Descriptor Request Failed” arises when you are trying to use the USB flash drive, Android device, memory card, game controller, or anything that connects to your USB port. The main causes of this error are Registry corruption, outdated BIOS, Encryption of system files, corrupted or damaged, and many more.
Therefore, if you encounter the “Device Descriptor Request Failed” error, you may be happy because it is not a permanent error, and you may easily fix it with the help of some below-provided solutions.
- How to Fix IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error
- How to Get System Interrupts 100% CPU 2022
- Methods to Fix iPhone 11 Home Button Not Working
- Solve 0xc1900101-0x30018
Content Include on This Article
What is Device Descriptor Request Failed?
USB is commonly used to share or transfer data from one system to another system. The USB Device Descriptor makes the primary base of the descriptor tree. USB devices are extremely comfortable and beneficial because you need to connect to a USB port, and it is done. There are many reasons behind this Device descriptor request failed error.
Many numbers like the idVendor and idProduct are liable for recognizing the connected devices in a PC or laptop. Though, sometimes this ease is rushed by an error. The Device descriptor request failed error is one of them. It shows the error when you attach a USB drive to your PC or laptop.
Main Causes of Device Descriptor Request Failed Error:
- The USB device may be defective or damaged.
- There may be an issue with the switchboard of the system.
- The BIOS system is not been recently upgraded.
- Another reason is that the USB device is unable to interact with the PC.
- There is a problem with a hardware or software element in your device.
- If the USB device has a virus or malware.
Various Methods: Device Descriptor Request Failed Error
Method 1: Update The USB Hub Software:
- Go to the “Windows” icon and press on the “Device Manager” option.
- After opening the Device Manager, you have to search the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” tab.
- Now, choose the USB Hub>Update Driver Software.
- If any update is available, then your system will update and install automatically.
Method 2: Uninstall All The Anonymous USB Drivers:
- You have to type the “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and press on the “Universal Serial Bus Controller” tab.
- If it is not identified, then you need to connect to the system.
- After attaching to the device, you will get an option “Universal Serial Bus Controller,” known as a USB device (port reset failed), press on it, and then the “Uninstall” tab.
- After uninstalling the “USB Driver,” hit on the reboot tab.
- Now, your device will work efficiently after uninstalling the USB Driver, and no error will show again.
- How to Connect Chromecast to WiFi
- Methods to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Only One Website
- How to Fix Failed Net::Err_Cache_Miss
Method 3: Using a Troubleshooter:
- Then, choose the title Hardware and Sound under “Control Panel,” and pick the “Configure a device” option.
- Now solve the issue of the USB device not being identified.
- Now the troubleshooting procedure begins, and finally, it will display you the comprehensive list of accessible issues in the device.
- You will get all fixing choices that are also accessible in a similar tool option.
- Next, restart your device after using the troubleshooter method, and check if the issues have been solved or not.
Method 4: Reset Your USB Selective Setting:
- To start the “Run Utility” in your device, you have to hit on the “Windows + R keys” together.
- After that, enter “control” without the passage marks, then press the “OK” tab. It will open the normal “Control Panel” in the next window.
- Now, you may reset your small icon into big icons, which is available on the right-hand side of the window, and now choose the “Power” option under the items’ list.
- Press on the “Show Extra Plans” option to show the unidentified section.
- Then, press on the “Change settings” option that is the recently inaccessible link. For this, you have to provide administrative approval, which means to mention your administrator password.
- After that, choose the best-performance plan, and press on the “Reset Plan Settings” option.
- Now, go to “Change Advanced Power Settings” and press on the reset settings that are the recently inaccessible link. Again, this will ask you for admin approval.
- Search and increase USB settings, and hit on the USB selective suspend setting.
- To apply the changes, press the “OK” tab and restart your device.
Method 5: Disable Fast Start-Up:
- Press Windows + R key to open Run dialog box>Type Control> Enter.
- After that, you have to identify the “Power,” which is available under the Control Panel, and press on it.
- Now, move your cursor to the left side of the panel and press on the “Select What The Power Buttons Does” option.
- After that, press on the “Reset Settings,” which is a recently unattainable option.
- Tick on the un-check box and press on the “Turn on fast startup” (suggested) available under Shutdown settings.
- Lastly, apply the modifications and press the “Save” button.
Method 6: Remove USB And Scan For Hardware Modifications:
- To remove or uninstall the problematic USB device, you have to easily apply Method 2, which will help you uninstall the USB driver.
- Now, press on the “Action” tab with the header menu’s help, and after that, choose “Scan” for hardware modifications that come under the menu.
- Wait for the device to identify all hardware changes, and then connect your USB in again to check if it functions now.
Method 7: Check for hardware issues
If you face unable to use your USB on your computer sometimes it is possible to have a hardware issue. That means your operating has not a problem. We are providing two ways to check hardware issues.
Plug into a different USB port
firstly you plug in a USB in one port but you faced unable to read your USB then try another USB port. if in that case, it’s working previous USB port is most likely damaged.
Plug into a Different computer
If your plugin the USB port of the computer it’s not working then try in another computer USB port then it is working first used computer hardware may be damaged.
After checking USB ports in a computer we can conclude issue will happen in computer hardware or software.
- Fix Service Host Network Service High Network Usage
- Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings on Windows7
- What is Roblox Ban Error Code
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Do I lose data in USB?
Answer) if your USB is damaged you may lose your data but in this case hardware of the computer’s damaged doesn’t affect it.
- Question 2) if I do this Methods can fix it permanently?
Answer) I can’t say permanent assurance but you face these issues it will help to fix them.
- Question 3) what can I do if the computer hardware is damaged?
Answer) repair your hardware.
Windows usage is enhanced by connecting external USB devices through a USB port. Though, occasionally when you connect an external USB device to your PC or laptop, you will encounter some problems. If your USD device has unexpectedly stopped functioning or is experiencing this error, there is no need to worry about it anymore. We will assist you in fixing this “Device Descriptor Request Failed” error using the above-provided methods.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply